UPDATE .............. on if I should hire a Chimney Sweep!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FatttFire

Feb 14, 2008
Snowbelt, Ohio
Quick recap! I saw an add in the paper for a cleaning and inspection for $70.00! I have never had my chimney cleaned or inspected since burning full time last year! SO I decided to go for it even though I have the brushes and the ability! They came out arrived 15 minutes early ( which I liked ) basically it was one guy and I am guessing his kid to tag along to get tools! After a brief conversation he got to it! I watched him like a hawk! He inspected and did everything I expected! He really scrubbed the chimney more than I thought too, but as I saw it, that was fine! When he was done he did something i didn't think of or expected! He handed me a coffee can half full of very fine dust! He said " whatever wood your buring keep it up, thats the cleanest chimney I have seen in a long time!" :coolgrin:

Just then the clouds parted and a beam of light shown down from above, and in my head the sound of " hola La lu ya " rang out! I had a big grin on my face, and stood a little taller then rest of the day! :lol:

I am glad I had it done professionaly! I will be doing it myself from now on, but I think maybe every other year in the spring I will have it professionally done for the piece of mind that it was done by a professional!

The name of the Chimney sweep company was Chimney Cricket out of Cleveland Ohio, and the sweeps name was Mica!

Very satisfied customer! Thank you!

Good fer you, fatt! There really are still some honest professionals out there. How 'bout we all gather 'round the campfire and sing Kumbaya in rounds? Whaddya say? C'mon, it'll be fun. :lol: Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.