Update on Mrs Savage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
Many will remember the Hell my wife and I went through back in February. We hoped to get everything fixed right away but it didn't and couldn't happen. Fortunately she has been getting stronger and yesterday morning had some surgery. We expected it to be surgery in the morning and then come home in late afternoon. Surgery went fine but a slight problem kept her in the hospital overnight. Now I am happy to report she is once again home and doing fine. Maybe now she can get out there and get the rest of that wood split and stacked. :rolleyes:

Just kidding of course but really she is doing much better. Before this all happened one of her daily things was a 3 mile walk. She is back to walking up to 1 1/2 miles, or at least was before the surgery. We don't expect to keep her down much more than another day or two and she'll be right back out there.

So a big thank you to all who sent us your well wishes and many thanks for all the prayers. I now have a healthy bride rather than a sick one. Wait! I guess she isn't a bride any more. We're coming up on 51 years of marriage in June. Looking forward to it too.

Wishing Judy a speedy recovery . . . after all I cannot picture you doing a lot of cooking since it would mean loading the oven horizontally. :)

Shoot Jake, the freezers pose a big enough problem. I wanted to stand them vertically but she stopped me on that one. ;lol

Thanks Jake.

Reactions: Pallet Pete
Thanks for the update Dennis. I sometimes wonder how she is doing when I read your posts. We hope she is up and about before long.

Reactions: Pallet Pete
Thanks Jon and she is up right now and also says thanks to both you and Jake.

Great news! Guess I can uncross me digits now ;) Glad she's back home where the real healing kicks into high gear. Give her my best, and the goats send a snort her way, too :)

That's great news I am happy for both of you! Thanks for the good news!

Ray

Go Judy !! Rock on, girl friend !!!

From 2 red heads to another ;)

Prayers answered Sav. Good to hear and many many congratulations on the long honeymoon.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Great news.
Took me 3 weeks to get back to messing with wood. I reckon she's tougher, so your accomplice will probably soon be back at it.
51 years is pretty special.

Glad to hear she's on the mend.
I'm guessing she got pissed off at eating off of paper plates ,(we've all speculated on you cleaning plates , both vertical and horizontal, in an old wash tub no less...==c) that she said -enough is enough!
So.... is she stacking wood yet?:eek: (duck's and runs for cover...)

Wishing Judy a speedy recovery.

Billy.

That is great news!
So glad she is recovering well!

Great news. Get her back to healthy. That firewood ain't gonna stack itself, ya know.:p

Glad to hear she is ok....51 year of being married, impressive. For me, it is going on 16 and that seems to be a lifetime. Glad she doing better. You may want to win some points while she is recovering and wash a few dishes, it will go a long way :)

Today I took her for a short ride on the atv just so she could see Spring happening. Forgot to take the camera but took a couple pictures later this afternoon. Only thing is, the may flowers were closed so I may try to get some pictures of those in the morning. Buttercups are one of her favorites. They've just started opening and as the second picture shows, there are many more to come. They are in a swampy area near the creek.

Buttercups-1-2013.JPGButtercups-2-2013.JPG

Lots of may apples are up too but I did not get any pictures of those. I did snap one shot of our Avenue of white blossoms. Also got a close up of crab apple that is starting to show blossoms. They will probably open in a couple days. They did not show up in the picture as well as I'd hoped but if you click on the picture to get normal size you can see them.

Avenue of blossoms.JPG Crab Apple May-2013.JPG

She says she is a bit sore today but the amazing thing is that she has taken no pain medicine following this surgery! And no, I will not let her split nor stack wood. And I also have no problem eating off of paper plates. ;lol

A big thank you to all who have posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.