Update on my broken auger 25-pdvc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blanc12

Nov 20, 2007
Northern Maine
Last week my pdvc quit again. The auger motor stopped turning. I happened to be near the stove when it stopped pushing pellets and noticed the fire traveling up my auger. This happened a couple weeks ago also and I believe this was the cause of my auger being heated up and snapped off. I called Mike at englander and he told me there was an air leak in the hopper area. Of course he was correct in his diagnosis. With a close inspection I found the top two rear cover bolts enter into the hopper. I had left these bolts out leaving large holes for the combustion blower to suck through. I also found a few other places in the seams of the hopper that had a little light through them. I sealed all the holes and the stove runs like new again. Thanks Mike for the help. I really appreciate it.

Glad to be warm again.

Pete

Pete - that's good to hear. I know I, for one, will file this away in the back of my mind as information to go through if I ever have the same problem. I've left my back cover off before, but put the screws back in it, but I could definately see myself forgetting to put them in. Thanks for sharing your experience with everyone.

None that I know of. In my case I had a large vacuum leak in the hopper area because I left out the two top screws that attach the rear panel. You should call Mike at tech support. He will help you iron it out.

(800) 245-6489

Status
Not open for further replies.