1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Update on my broken auger 25-pdvc

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by blanc12, Dec 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blanc12

blanc12 Member

Loc:
    Northern Maine
    Last week my pdvc quit again. The auger motor stopped turning. I happened to be near the stove when it stopped pushing pellets and noticed the fire traveling up my auger. This happened a couple weeks ago also and I believe this was the cause of my auger being heated up and snapped off. I called Mike at englander and he told me there was an air leak in the hopper area. Of course he was correct in his diagnosis. With a close inspection I found the top two rear cover bolts enter into the hopper. I had left these bolts out leaving large holes for the combustion blower to suck through. I also found a few other places in the seams of the hopper that had a little light through them. I sealed all the holes and the stove runs like new again. Thanks Mike for the help. I really appreciate it.

Glad to be warm again.

Pete

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. petejung

petejung New Member

Pete - that's good to hear. I know I, for one, will file this away in the back of my mind as information to go through if I ever have the same problem. I've left my back cover off before, but put the screws back in it, but I could definately see myself forgetting to put them in. Thanks for sharing your experience with everyone.
  3. kburns

kburns New Member

Loc:
    Northern New York
    Last week I noticed the complete end of my auger totally melted into the pellet burn area? Are there any recalls on this unit that you know of???
  4. blanc12

blanc12 Member

Loc:
    Northern Maine
    None that I know of. In my case I had a large vacuum leak in the hopper area because I left out the two top screws that attach the rear panel. You should call Mike at tech support. He will help you iron it out.

(800) 245-6489
  5. kburns

kburns New Member

Loc:
    Northern New York
    I WILL GET THE SERIAL NUMBER TONIGHT OFF THE BACK AND CALL MIKE THANKS
  6. stoveguy2esw

stoveguy2esw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    madison hgts. va
    i'll be in the office at 8am eastern, gimme a shout , i'll get you squared away 800-245-6489
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.