Update on Napoleon Stove Doors

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cd64133

Jul 30, 2008
Western Missouri
It has been a month since we received our stove and found out our door was back ordered. I received an email from Zooblers customer service (Zoobler's has been great and are working to resolve the issue) that informed us that the mfg is currently working at 250% on their product line. I guess this figure is based upon past sales and production?

The email informed us we are still looking at a few weeks before we receive the door. Not sure how this affects anyone else waiting on the Napoleon line of products but I wanted to give an update on our situation with the door.

Sounds like they must be outsourcing the door manufacturing to have those parts that out of sync.

I don't know every particular but I know that the part has to do with door latch assembly. That is the part that is being outsourced and why the door is back ordered.

A latch! a latch! my kingdom for a latch!

I have a 1100C ordered on 8/30 from Zoobler. Latest email (9/15):

"Your order is scheduled to arrive to us on or about : 9/20/08
At which time we will ship it complete. We are sorry for the delay.
(The manufacturers have been inundated with orders due to high oil
prices and the hurricanes)"

No mention of the door in particular, and we'll see if the 9/20 date is kept. Luckily I'm in no hurry, as I still need to tile the floor where it's going and the second floor needs to be built before the new chimney can be installed!

Things like this make me so glad that I ordered my stove back in mid July when it was 103 degrees here.

BJ64 said:
Things like this make me so glad that I ordered my stove back in mid July when it was 103 degrees here.

I DID order my stove back in Mid-July, although it wasn't 103 here - mostly just rain, but there you go.

The wife talked to the Zoobler folks a couple weeks ago, and they told us the door had shipped, which is complete hooey because it wouldn't take THAT long for the door to arrive, unless they shipped it pony express.

And now y'all are telling me I could have BATS coming down my chimney through my wide-open stove!!!! :bug:

<rummaging through the cellar for a SPOTLIGHT to focus on the open front of my stove...>

Yeah, I think we ordered our stove at the same time from Zoobler, mid-July. I will patiently wait for the door as they have been good about everything so far, plus we are still remodeling the fireplace area. Patience will run thin though once the weather turns in October.

The only thing that perplexes me about Zoobler is that they still offer this stove and the door (door purchase required but purchase is separate) and don't say anything on their site about anything being back ordered.

They charged my CC on the day I ordered even though they had no stove to sell at that time, and never told me it was backordered. I consider that somewhat poor practice, usually you don't charge until the item is ready to ship. But for the price I'll sit and wait for a while.

I contacted Zoobler again about our stove door, H222-W I found more information for those of us waiting on the backordered doors.

From Zoobler, "The manufacturer has been backordered on their wood stove doors. In particular, the webbed doors. The manufacturer has a new production date for the H222-W door of mid to late November."

Seems like this date keeps changing. At one time I know I was told October.

When I talked to Zoobler Customer Care they said that they also have tried to get information on the H222 regular door but no information from the mfg, only on the webbed door. They still had a couple of gold doors in stock, but those are twice the cost. They were very limited so if you are interested you will want to act fairly quickly.

The rep said that if you are installing the stove before the door comes to make sure you plug the pipe hole or else you will have a down draft, make sure you remove the plug before burning. Common sense, but good reminder as we do plan to install the stove and just be waiting for the door.

Not good news, but at least it is news.

That's the door we wanted. I talked to them two days ago and got the same story. They said the same thing - they didn't know when the webbed doors would be available. They offered me the gold door (like you said - twice as much and gaudy as hell), or a shipment of plain doors was coming in. I decided on the plain door. I got an email that it had shipped, I think yesterday.

I am very disappointed in Napoleon and even more in Zoobler. Last I looked, they still don't have anything on their site saying the doors are back-ordered.

I sent an email to Napoleon expressing my frustration and disappointment. Silence.

Oh, well. At least I'll have heat this winter...

I took your information and made another call to Zoobler. I am pretty close to the top of the list for our webbed door based upon when I ordered the stove. Also, I had the sales dept. make a note that we would take the plain black door if that was available 1st. Hopefully within the next few days/weeks we will hear something.

He did say that they had a 200 plus waiting list for the plain stove door and it was down to 150 plus. So they were getting doors in and moving them out. Just not mine.

Today I got this from Zoobler:

"Your unit has arrived and is scheduled to ship tomorrow. We will
email you all of the tracking information that you may view the
transit progress online by the end of the day tomorrow. Please feel
free to contact me if you have any further questions or concerns."

I ordered the 1100CP, the black cast-iron version, which doesn't list a separate door option. (Door is "Early American"). Perhaps this model has better general availability??

Well, persistence paid off. I just received email confirmation from Zoobler that our door has shipped. Not the H222-W (webbed cast iron door) but the plain H222. That is fine with us. There was not much difference in our mind.

Hopefully this will be the last post regarding our Napoleon Stove Door.

cd64133 said:
Well, persistence paid off. I just received email confirmation from Zoobler that our door has shipped. Not the H222-W (webbed cast iron door) but the plain H222. That is fine with us. There was not much difference in our mind.

Hopefully this will be the last post regarding our Napoleon Stove Door.

What, no hi-res pics of the door from 3 angles? ;-P

Got the door last night. The glass was smashed all to heck. I called zoobler, and they assured me there would be no delay in getting replacement glass to me.

<sigh>. >:-(

Johnny B. said:
Got the door last night. The glass was smashed all to heck. I called zoobler, and they assured me there would be no delay in getting replacement glass to me.

<sigh>. >:-(

Keep the faith brother. Two years ago I had my 30-NCL shipped all the way across the country. Lugged the 455 pound beast into the house and installed it only to find a manufacturing defect. Hauled it back out and 143 miles down to the factory to replace it and did the lug in and install bit again.

A door and glass sounds lighter. It'll make it before the serious cold.

Poop happens. Ya didn't have to make 30 phone calls and hear a dealer keep telling you he will be out to look at it when he gets around to it and THEN sit and wait on parts like the "dealer supported" community does.

This is not real encouraging, i ordered the 1400 10-1-08 and i was told the plain door was available!!
I was told 7-10 days i will receive my stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.