Update on New Progress Hybrid Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Calentarse

Feeling the Heat
Feb 25, 2011
MD
Just an update on my parents' new stove. Some of you were following the thread where I posted a question about which rear-vent stove would be best for him. Lots of ppl wanted me to post follow up pics once it was installed.

Woodstock builds a quality product, let me tell you. This thing is solid. Fired it for the first time last night and really enjoyed it. Beautiful burning stove with the flame show of the secondaries burning and the cat working in the guts of the stove. Very cool. Here's the install. I'll try to keep you abreast as to dad's learning curve. After burning the old Fisher for 24 yrs he's certainly in for a treat!

IMAG2967.jpg IMAG2968.jpg IMAG2969.jpg

Thanks for the update. It looks like the Progress is right at home there. I have one concern, though: Have you checked the manual whether you have enough hearth on the loading side? That looks a bit short there.

That looks great! Your parents will definitely love their new PH!

Thanks for the update. It looks like the Progress is right at home there. I have one concern, though: Have you checked the manual whether you have enough hearth on the loading side? That looks a bit short there.

IIRC, it's 18 "

They DO NOT have enough protection and will be installing floor protection before burning season.

Were you just amazingly lucky with flue height or was it a new crock?

Were you just amazingly lucky with flue height or was it a new crock?
Funny you ask; they had to redo their chimney. $3000 later, it was set up perfectly for the stove. Concrete block chimney was good but 7" square liner was all cracked and caving in. Had water in the top 6' of the concrete block so that had to be removed. Had a new stainless liner put in and the top six foot is now double wall out the roof of the house. When he redid the liner, he put in a new T and moved the crock (in the existing hole only) to follow Woodstock's recommendations for flue height. It was also an 8" round before and had to be made into a 6" round, so we got lucky.

Thanks for asking! It was quite a project to watch it all throw down. He has an AMAZING draft now. Can't believe it. He can close the door immediately after lighting newspaper and boom the stove is lit.

Status
Not open for further replies.