Update on Winslow lemon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shyann

Oct 25, 2008
Western MA
Well it's been 10 days since I contacted the dealer and I am still waiting for them to come and put in a 3 inch liner into the 4 inch to slow down the air. I told them I contacted Lennox technical support and they said that I know have a bad control board. The dealer said no way it is the air and he will be here as soon as they can.

I have had it!! I Typed a demand for a refund letter and sending it out. I also called Lennox and placed a complaint about the dealer with them. I am also sending them a copy of the demand letter. Since I started to use it mid October it has not run properly and now for the past 10 days it does not run at all. So I have an insert sitting there and am heating with oil. I do no longer what them to try to fix it I think they had sufficient time to do so. If I do get my money back I think I will look into a quadrafire.

shyann said:
Well it's been 10 days since I contacted the dealer and I am still waiting for them to come and put in a 3 inch liner into the 4 inch to slow down the air. I told them I contacted Lennox technical support and they said that I know have a bad control board. The dealer said no way it is the air and he will be here as soon as they can.

I have had it!! I Typed a demand for a refund letter and sending it out. I also called Lennox and placed a complaint about the dealer with them. I am also sending them a copy of the demand letter. Since I started to use it mid October it has not run properly and now for the past 10 days it does not run at all. So I have an insert sitting there and am heating with oil. I do no longer what them to try to fix it I think they had sufficient time to do so. If I do get my money back I think I will look into a quadrafire.

What? does the bold sentence mean?

I am sorry I did not search for the original post. I seen this one and had to read it and I am lost.

Eric

(edit) Wow. I did comment on one of the threads but I am at a loss for words. I am not sure what to say other than is this real?

Eric

We have had problems since day 1. The first time I started it up it would not feed right the dealer said I did not let it run long enough before I shut it down. Being a first timer I was a little nervous. Started it back up and the glass blew out all over the living room. Since then we have had too much combustible air in our chimney (according to the dealer anyway) it would continually shut down and pop unburned pellets. Contacted the dealer about 5 times each time waiting about 2 - 3 weeks for the to come out and supposedly fis it. The last time they came out (10 days ago) it stopped working all together after he left. Now it starts up and shuts down with in 10 minutes. When I contacted technical support they said this is a control board issue. The dealer wants to add a 3 inch liner into our 4 inch liner thats in the chimney only about 5 feet up to try and choke the air out.

I probably won't be able to get my money back but I am going to sure try. Here it is mid Dec and I bought this unit back in June so I would be sure to have one. It's been very frustrating to say the least.

Shyann

What type of fluid did you use to start the fire, gasoline? I am not there and do not know what your dealer is thinking but a 3" liner inside a 4" liner? Does this sound, STRANGE to anyone else? Rod, Craig, Mike, and anyone else that knows the business end of a magnahelic?

Eric

shyann said:
I did not use anthing to start it. You just push the button.

Ok.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.