Update: Picture of big cottonwood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
Stihltheone had a post on a big cottonwood tree. Here is a picture of that big sucker:

Bigcottonwood.gif

Backwoods Savage said:
Stihltheone had a post on a big cottonwood tree. Here is a picture of that big sucker:

Bigcottonwood.gif

That is one huge tree, thanks for posting Sav.

zap

Thats one i WOULDNT start- ever.

That looks a lot like what we would deal with in our pasture, when I was kid in the mid-west. A great deal of work for not much heat. If it's all you have, you burn it, (it beats cow chips, sort of.)

Many thanks for puttin up my picture!! The pic does not really do justice to the size of this beast, but just look at my crew cab behind it, and my buddy is 6' for referece. I love cutting up these monsters!! Its kinda like eating and elephant... just one bite at a time! I cut it int rounds, then noodle it to stove size right on site, it takes a bit longer to so it this way, but all the mess stays behind and I have to handle it all a lot less. With 2-3 of us working we can process 2 cords an hour easy. This tree was about 75' tall. A good part of the tree off of the right side in the pic has been moved out of the way already. I will keep posting on the cord count, I am thinking 11.5 when all is said and done. What is your guess??

We got 2 + cords out of the monster yesterday, about 6 to go!!I have to get it off of the stump before much else can happen, that will be kinda interesting, but whoooo hoooo!!

Hey Stihl, that should not be bad getting it off the stump, but you have a lot of work to do on that thing before you are done. Keep hacking away at it! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.