Update Pictures of my Hearthstone Craftsbury just installed. And first fire!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jukeboxfun

Jul 28, 2008
Ephrata, PA
Just showing off my little stove. Check the pictures later in the thread to see it in action.

index.php
index.php
index.php

Very nice stove and installation.

Enjoy.

You should be proud !!

Congrats !

What a great looking little stove! That looks nicer than the one I saw on the showroom floor. I'm looking forward to hearing the winter burning reports. Add another picture once it's hot and burnin!

very nice install. would love to see it in action. please post picts and reports of any problems with regards such as, ease of use , smoke problems , etc.

go ahead and do a break in fire!!! who cares if its summer!!!
looks great and so clean please post pic in dec lol:)

iceman said:

Only here can we find such a fan club of a nice wood stove that we would be clammering to fire it up in August!

That looks great!

Great looking stove, just installed a Hearthstone myself. How big an area are you looking to heat with it? Best of luck with it, congrats.

BJ64 said:
iceman said:

Only here can we find such a fan club of a nice wood stove that we would be clammering to fire it up in August!

That looks great!

Fire, Fire, we need Fire! :coolgrin:

Very nice set up, we looked long and hard at the Craftsbury, went with the Tribute.

Nice install, I've just finished mine also. Thankfully we actually have a sunny day today and I've started to cure the stove, WHOA this stinks how long does the cure process take until the smell abates some?

dsc0953pe9.jpg

Nice looking stove there Randy. It will burn off in about 3-4 fires. Each time will get better. Keep the windows open in the meantime.

RandyB said:
Nice install, I've just finished mine also. Thankfully we actually have a sunny day today and I've started to cure the stove, WHOA this stinks how long does the cure process take until the smell abates some? A before and after picture for you.

100887068.o2HhBWLe.jpg

101454660.PcO4fKBx.DSC_0953.jpg

can't see your pics bud. only a red x in a box.

Looks like a supply grille to me.

Nice Fireview there Randy. Really gives me the itch to burn mine.

That vent is air conditioning and will be closed during the cold months.

Well it got kinda cool here tonight around 64. So I thought I would take the chill off with a little break-in fire. Here are pictures with the fireplace screen and without.
It seemed to go fine as far as drafting well, no smoke in the house. I didn't really get stove much over 200 degrees.

Very nice stoves / installs guys. Looking good. I am working on my Durock wall pad and hearth right now. Its allot of work for somebody like me that does not build much stuff. I cant wait to get my TL 300 installed.

Check your stove manuals carefully. Many of them have some pretty specific instructions for break-in fires & temperatures to properly cure the finish. Nice looking installs, all. Rick

It only burned for a little over an hour and a half or there abouts. I didn't put much wood in it so it wouldn't get too hot. I got the new stove smell going though.

Status
Not open for further replies.