Update Pictures of my Hearthstone Craftsbury just installed. And first fire!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice looking stoves.
Gives you something to look forwaed to in the winter.

the pictures look awesome. now the only thing you need is a rack to hold the wood. congrats.

where are you going to store your splits? Inside in a ring next to teh fire or outside. Might look nice with jsut a wood box next to the stove someplace

Adios Pantalones said:
A pretty select group that gets this excited over this sort of thing- eh?

Great stuff!

That is a fact on both accounts!

Those stoves looks great. You will love them even more once it's 30 deg. out there. Just a note about the smell- my stove- cast iron Avalon Arbor smelled for quite a few burns. I can't remember exactly, but it was definitely over 10 before it got better.

I am in the market for a stove and the Craftsbury one of our top choices. Your installation pics make me even more excited about this model.

The one question I have is does the soapstone bricks make any difference in this model?
Does it take longer to warm up?
Does it retain and radiate heat longer?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I haven't really burned but a small break-in fire so I can't answer most of your questions. I don't think the soapstone bricks will make much defference. I consider this a cast iron stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.