Update (Sometime things have to wait 02JUL2012 post)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timusp40

Feeling the Heat
Feb 3, 2010
Lake Orion, Michigan
Hello again forum members,
The 2nd of July was my last post here and at that time I was at a dead end as far as getting a stove purchased and installed this year. Things have changed somewhat for the better and I have asked Woodstock to put a Fireview in layaway. If the stars and moon all line up perfectly, I might be traveling East late this year. Hope springs eternal!!!

Stacks are still building. I jump on every scrounge that I have time for. Somewhere around 9 cord now.

Keeping my fingers an everything else crossed. Thanks for the support. I got a couple of PMs that really showed me the caliber of the forum members. Could not be in better company.
Take care,
Tim

Attachments

• DSCF3322.JPG
    DSCF3322.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 129
Yeah, if you're real patient and you look hard enough, you can find a couple good people here. :cool:

Wow, that's good news. Keeping fingers (figuratively, since the arthritis took hold) crossed that this all goes well for you.
You know we'll be expecting updates and pics and stuff.

Wow, that's good news. Keeping fingers (figuratively, since the arthritis took hold) crossed that this all goes well for you.

The 2nd of July was my last post here and at that time I was at a dead end as far as getting a stove purchased and installed this year. Things have changed somewhat for the better and I have asked Woodstock to put a Fireview in layaway. If the stars and moon all line up perfectly, I might be traveling East late this year. Hope springs eternal!!!

Stacks are still building. I jump on every scrounge that I have time for. Somewhere around 9 cord now.

Keeping my fingers an everything else crossed. Thanks for the support. I got a couple of PMs that really showed me the caliber of the forum members. Could not be in better company.
Take care,
Tim

Hope it all works out for you before the real winter months. That is a great stove you have selected. And your stacks are impressive.

WOA! From what you have said, my understanding is that you currently have no stove. Therefore that means you have ALL that wood and no stove. That is very impressive! You have enough wood to last a couple of years (at least)! Good call!

I will be keeping my fingers crossed hoping that things work out for the best for ya. Best of luck Tim.

Andrew

Most people get the stove before the wood , you are doing it the right way!

No stove yet . . . but when you do get it . . . I think you'll be one of the few folks that start out in Year 1 and are quite happy with their stove's performance . . . because of the quality fuel.

Reactions: PapaDave
Plenty of pictures from start of install to first fire for sure! I am so anxious to get this project going. Gotta wait till the money is there.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Hope it all works out for you before the real winter months. That is a great stove you have selected. And your stacks are impressive.
Thanks. the stoves reputation speaks for itself. My stacks are building and waiting patiently.

Most people get the stove before the wood , you are doing it the right way!
Sure hope so. My wood will be seasoned (CSS) at least 2 years before it sees the first match.

No stove yet . . . but when you do get it . . . I think you'll be one of the few folks that start out in Year 1 and are quite happy with their stove's performance . . . because of the quality fuel.
Oak, Maple, Walnut, Ash, Elm, Locust and a little pine mixed in. None of which will be less than 2 years CCS before it hits the Fireview.

Plenty of pictures from start of install to first fire for sure! I am so anxious to get this project going. Gotta wait till the money is there.

That's nonsense! Don't you know the American way is to buy now and figure out how to pay it back later!? ;lol

I hope everything works out for you!

That's nonsense! Don't you know the American way is to buy now and figure out how to pay it back later!? ;lol

I hope everything works out for you!
rdust,
or I could wait for the government to give it to me. Sorry, I love my country, but I work for a living and have to work for what I want. Hence, somethings have to wait.
Tim

rdust,
or I could wait for the government to give it to me. Sorry, I love my country, but I work for a living and have to work for what I want. Hence, somethings have to wait.
Tim

Oh, I know! I see so many people today buy what they want and ask for help to get what they need. It really drives me crazy!

Take care,
Tim

Tim, glad to see you are back. How did the southern area treat you?

If Woodstock does end up having a late Open House, that would be a great time to pick up the stove.

Tim, glad to see you are back. How did the southern area treat you?

If Woodstock does end up having a late Open House, that would be a great time to pick up the stove.

Dennis,
The Kentucky job is finished and it is good to be home again. I heard about the late open house at Woodstock. I guess they are working on a few new things that they want visitors to see firsthand. Sure would be nice to pick up the new Fireview at the open house, but I might not have it paid off by then.

wow tim good to see your still hear I thought you left ray and I alone with Dennis ;) Good luck with the stove !

Pete

That's impressive Tim. What about selling a few cords of wood to help pay up for the stove faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.