update

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoWnAqT

Jan 23, 2011
Dunbarton, NH
So my pellet stove didn't make it in yesterday, I'll have to wait for monday now. Anyways I went to lowes to pick up the pellets I ordered, Greene Team..couldnt pass up $187 a ton so I bought 2, prices went up to $2.09 now, should have bought more....I will admit that it is sketchy towing 2 tons at once, the truck did it without a doubt. I was just nervous they would slide on the trailer or the plastic wrap would let go. Anyways I got them home and loaded them into the basement. I picked up one bag and brought it in the basement and was like hell no, this is going to take all day. So I found my 1920s dolly that I've had kicking around and was able to move 4 bags at a time, still took a while because Im gifted to be able to it myself. Heres a couple of pics if you would like to see...Camera phone sucks with pictures but you get the idea.

load.jpg

pellets.jpg

Hey, us old geezers move them around by ourselves all the time.

Wife always wants what is behind everything. I'm willing to bet if there was nothing behind the pellets but the wall the wife would want the wall painted or shelves put up on it.

you will love those green teams, very very clean and put out pretty good heat at least for me, but just impressed by the lack of ash in the bag and in the pan also, good choice

[quote author="SmokeyTheBear" date="1296367233"]Hey, us old geezers move them around by ourselves all the time.

Yup! But the weather has to be right to do it. Moved a ton once and didn't get an ache. Pace myself and be amazed at what can be done. My kids would do it if I asked, but they have busy lives of their own and I don't feel right asking. Rebuilt an old Gardenway cart. That made moving pellets to the house much easier.

I wasn't really expecting any help at all, it would have been nice but you know how it is. The only way it will get done is if you do it, if someone else does it, it always get messed up...as for the greene teams, i went by what everyone is talking about. I figured I can't go wrong with these bad boys. Now I gotta get that stove in so I can releive myself from propane for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.