Updated with photos of processor!! Back at it after a long break

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lowroad,

Oh hell yeah, if he lets you use it, you would be an idiot not to take him up on it. I was not passing judgement on you only on the price point, and what was offered, for the unit itself. Sorry if I came off the wrong way.

Shawn

@Shawneyboy.... No offense taken at all. I find myself drawn to gadgets and fancy equipment but not ruled by it. My friend is building quite the firewood business with a partner while stockpiling for their own use as well.

If I were offended by debate or discussion then I should not be on a forum as productive as I find hearth.com to be.

The machines is essentially a 25 ton splitter yes, but it offers much more than a regular splitter can...the speed at which we can process wood and the design of it to eliminate the physical strain make it worth every penny. With a good supply of logs, and a sharp chainsaw two people are able to c/s/s approx 2-3 cords per hour and after a 8-10 hour day of processing I am still able to function the next day without feeling like I've been slugging it out in the trenches. But don't get me wrong at times there is nothing more relaxing than going out and swinging the axe for an hour or two.

How much wood would a Wallenstein process if a Wallenstein could process wood? 2-3 cords per hour? Are these full cords? That's fast! I have the Wallenstein FX90 winch on my tractor, love it. Great idea to pull the logs up and drop the rounds on a splitter table....hmmm....

if you have a skilled saw operator and an organized pile of wood you can put through two cords per hour no problem

I've been had splitting, but usually will rent a splitter once per season for the difficult stuff. I wish the rental shop had something that is more of a processor and could get the job done quicker than one wedge split at a time. I'd pay more to rent a processor vs a splitter. It would really bump up the productivity.

Enjoyed the Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.