Updating Gas Fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsteeharder

Feb 28, 2016
Abbotsford, BC
Howdy y'all!

First thing I would like to say is that I know absolutely NOTHING about gas fireplaces. Well ... not NOTHING. I know how to turn it on and off. But that's about it.

I've got some photos here of my fireplace. I want to update it. I dislike this arched look. Do you know if it's possible to replace that outside part? Is that something I could make on my own? Would it need to be made out of something specific? Is this something that can easily be purchased?

Thanks in advance to anyone who has a suggestion or answer!

image1.JPG image2.JPG

The logo on the glass says Napoleon. Check behind the lower brass louvers to get the model number.
There is either a sticker on the floor of the unit or a metal tag zip-tied or chained to the gas valve.
Find your local Napoleon dealer & take the pictures & the model number to show him.
It looks like an older unit, maybe early 2000s, when brass trim was a more popular option,
so choices of different fronts may be limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.