upgrade to a remote controlled thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leanne9026

Dec 29, 2009
Missouri
Currently I have a propane heater fireplace insert model NVT-1186R. I have to reach into the fireplace to manually turn the flame on and adjust the temperature level. Is there a way to upgrade this to be controlled remotely, ideally with an automatic thermostat so that a certain temperature can be maintained?

leanne said:
Currently I have a propane heater fireplace insert model NVT-1186R. I have to reach into the fireplace to manually turn the flame on and adjust the temperature level. Is there a way to upgrade this to be controlled remotely, ideally with an automatic thermostat so that a certain temperature can be maintained?

Nope. You have a gas log, not an insert.
It's not considered a heater rated appliance,
but a decorative appliance & as such,
you can't put a thermostat on it.
Sorry...

Status
Not open for further replies.