Upgrade to a spliter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naandme

Jan 16, 2011
Eaton, Indiana
Put a new motor on my wood cutting buddies spliter this afternoon it sure beats the old briggs pull it 20 times before it would start motor that he had mounted on it LOL Picked up a horse with the new motor also, we split a truck load after install sure worked alot better!

Attachments

• stihl toolbox 001.jpg
    stihl toolbox 001.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 315
  • stihl toolbox 002.jpg
    stihl toolbox 002.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 338
Sweet!
Good for another 10 years a least.
Does that read 6, 8 or 9 HP?
Looks great mounted on there. New splitter!

Its some new marking briggs has decide to use its a 205 cc 9.0 ft lbs. it comes out to 6 hp don't understand why they just don't put 6 hp on it. lol Think they like all the other crap stuck on there as a smoke screen. He had a 5 hp on there it was just getting worn out I kept the motor for future project it really just needs some TLC. Yes it worked out well about an hour change with new lovejoys installed as well.

Yeh, give the cubic centimeters of the piston, foot lbs of torque, I guess HP varies by the carb, exhaust & other mods.
Saves them testing. Some rated HPs, not necessarily usable HP. Like you, I think it is meant to confuse & look good.
It splits wood very good, that's what counts. (But does look good on there too.)

bogydave said:
Yeh, give the cubic centimeters of the piston, foot lbs of torque, I guess HP varies by the carb, exhaust & other mods.
Saves them testing. Some rated HPs, not necessarily usable HP. Like you, I think it is meant to confuse & look good.
It splits wood very good, that's what counts. (But does look good on there too.)

I hear ya Dave :) Just more "fluff" to confuse ya.

Just give me the displacement; cc's/ci's/l's what ever; and I will decide what's best for the situation/project at hand.

There was some type of lawsuit which involved the labeled horsepower, verses actual shaft horse power. So now they can't put a rated HP on the case anymore. I'm sure someone has the info somewhere's about this deal.. Has to do with rpm's, torque verses HP. 6 hp motor on a mower will only produce 3-4 hp because they are running the motor at 3200 rpm to maintain a certain blade tip speed, instead of 3600rpm producing 6hp. So I read putting this motor on a mower would be false advertising saying it produces 6hp.

Status
Not open for further replies.