Upgrade Travis DVL insert to GreenSMART?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

baltik

Feb 11, 2014
Bay Area
I have 2008 Travis DVL insert and it's basically stays on until the desired temperature is hit and then turns off. The newer Travis DVL inserts look identical but have what they call GreenSMART where the thermostat regulates the flame height so it can maintain a set temperature without going on/off all the time. It seems like this would be a fairly easy upgrade of the control module and remote, I reached out to Travis and they were not helpful at all - was wondering if anyone has attempted such an upgrade??

Probably not a conversion I would want to take on. Travis Green Smart is a SIT proflame system. I am going to assume you want to upgrade to the latest and greatest version which is Proflame II. At a minimum you would need a new pilot assembly, module, assorted wiring harnesses, new valve and a handset. The electrical grounds are critical. The next thing is mounting the module so it does not melt. If you really want to upgrade sell yours and buy a new one.

Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.