upgraded my stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinkowski

Oct 1, 2008
Binghamton, NY
i've had a 25-pdvc for 4 years now, and decided to upgrade to a multi-fuel. this baby is a totally different animal than my old stove. i noticed an air blower box which i'm unfamiliar with and a chain and sprocket to run a stirrer with. seems a little more mechanical than my old stove. also another control module. i went with another englander because of the great luck i've had with my previous stove. hopefully this one will perform as good as the last. the model is a 49-SHCPML. i bought the unit at lowe's and they matched am fm's prices so it was a good deal. i guess with anything new i'm a little apprehensive. i will be installing this baby in the spring and should have some pics then. regards.

Oh my, Gonna make us wait til spring for pictures. There will be some point reductions for that! :cheese: just kidding!

imacman and others here have had nice luck with theirs. I think you'll be pleased and in good hands with all the members having them for support. Plus Englands great tech service! ;-) Can't wait to see the pictures of it in action and your thoughts on how you like it.

Keep us posted!

it's sitting in the garage waiting. i'm going to rip up part of the floor and put down ceramic tile. also put up some cultered stone on the wall behind it. good size project. lowes had a financing deal for 18 mo. so decided to buy it now and start the project in the spring.

Welcome. That seems to be a very popular stove this year. Last year only a couple users. This year at least 2-3 dozen people added one to there arsenal. It has to be one of the most installed stoves here this season (next runner would be M-55/ neck and neck).

Looking forward to the pics. Sounds like its gonna be Pretty Sweet!! ;-P

A new stove for the price of a refurb? Sounds like a win to me!

not exactly. they matched the 1799. on the new stove. i was going to buy the refurb but they didnt have any in stock at am fm. the 18 mo "free financing" was kind of a no brainer for me. i am kind of curious as to what that air box does. i guess in puffs air into the firebox at start up? i'm sure if i do a search i'll find the answer. this place rocks.

The air box is actually a little air compressor. At start-up it runs and blows air through the igniter housing, thus blowing "super heated" air to ignite your pellets. This one is supposed to be able to ignite corn too. Then you will here it "puff" at every pellet drop (I think it is) to keep that igniter housing free of ash and/or embers. It's a little loud at start up but that doesn't last long...and you can hear the puff....sounds like a dull "thud"...not loud at all in my opinion. It's a nice stove!!! You'll like it.

Welcome to the forum. Another 10-cpm owner....NICE!

Get the install done right, make sure OAK is used, keep the stove clean and she'll keep you warm.

Yes, jrsdws is correct about the air pump "huffer"....after it blows the hot air into the burnpot, it will "huff" at every pellet drop to keep the ignitor tube clear.

Don't forget to do your 3 hr. pre-burn outdoors.

Can't wait to see installed pics. :)

1799 is a good deal for sure. My fiance and I did the same thing yesterday at lowes with the 18 months. We were going to get the model with the big hopper, but they had the 49-shcpm (10-cpm) marked 1999 so we grabbed it instead. I was expecting it to be 2380 like the website said.

I guess I'll call them today and try to get that extra 200 deducted....

good luck with the stove!

i'm assuming the install is a straight swap from the other stove. i already have the OAK installed, so thats not an issue. the only thing i'm comtemplating is going to the multi fuel vent piping. at this time i have no intentions of burning corn, but who knows what the future might bring.

Status
Not open for further replies.