Well I finally got around to fixing the clutch in my Cub Cadet (mid 70's Model 1000). Its been a great tractor for the couple of years I've had it, and despite its age, has been quite a workhorse and very useful at a multitude of duties. But last year the clutch went out on it, probably the original one still for all I know. It was trashed... I don't know what went first but it looks to me like the main spring broke and sent a few pieces into the throwout bearing. The throwout arm was just abotu worn through anyhow, and the disk was craked in a few places and the pin holes like the one on the left side at the bottom of the pic were all wallowed out. So there was really nothing much left even usable. Decided to upgrade it to a light duty pulling clutch, one I could get as a complete package. And also wanted to add a creeper unit to give me low range. So the old clutch is there on the right, the new midwest super cub clutch on the left, and the creeper unit to the far left. The MWSC clutch had a Kevlar disk, billet machined pressure plates, a 900# spring that I had them set a little lower(adjustable collar), 6 drive pins instead of 3, a thicker and much longer throwout lever. Time to get to work... First thing was the new machined aluminum hub with 6 hardened pins. Kind of overkill for a GT but I want to do it once and do it right. Take a look at the stock 3 pin driver next to it. Unfortunately I had to remove the grass screen and also grind down the grass screen mounts a little. If they would have just rotated it a few more degrees when they drilled the holes... Another mod I did while I had the front end off, I put a later model axle on the front off an 80's cyclops Cub. The newer axle features a much sharper turning circle (took off almost 2 foot), larger and greasable wheel bearings, plus slightly heavier construction and lifted the front around 2" which balanced back out the bigger tires I put on the rears. I just got to swap my nice V61 ribbed tires back on the new axle. Took some fabbing to get the steering link hooked up though (different rod ends). New clutch and creeper set in place. I've heard rumors I may have to reinforce the throwout arm bracket, but I am going to try it first, since I chose there lighter spring and also had em back it off a little. Engine back in and matched up. Purdy! Time to put it and my new trailer I built to the test! 30cuft loaded up! Just got to be careful now not to pop a wheelie! 10HP is more than it sounds... Back up the hill to the truck. Works like a charm! I know she's no show machine, but paint is pretty good I think being all original still. Like the new taller stance and the increased ground clearance. She's ready to start working on next years wood! BTW I skipped the several month nightmare of wrong shaft lengths and pin holes, linkage issues, etc. Oh and as you can see from the green grass this was actually back this summer... I just havent got online here since then.