Uprooted trees to take...but how?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I make sure someone knows where I am and when I plan to return so if there is any question they at least can find my carcass.
gota add the humor even in something this seroius

Reactions: Shane N
Whatever you do.. be slow and deliberate. We had a grandfather here in maine kill his two grandkids... he didn't realize they were playing in the root ball hole while he was cutting.

Go slow.. a few trees aren't worth it.

A couple of blow downs I'll be working on soon. I know the root section will flop back but not sure where to start my cuts. I'll leave the snagged tree to cut last and maybe it's weight will keep the root ball upright but not sure how to start cutting the other tree. Maybe best to leave mother nature take down the snagged one?
The small ash on the ground is already bucked and in the back of my truck for splitting this weekend.
The downed tree is the bigtooth aspen I cut last year.

Attachments

• 100_5410.JPG
    100_5410.JPG
    191.8 KB · Views: 82
Status
Not open for further replies.