ups sytems?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisf

Jun 25, 2009
upstate NY 12025
what kind of ups system does everyone use I am looking for something to run the stove only for a short time if I am not home. or until I can get the generator out and get it running. both of my stoves are on a T stat. but just want it so my house would not fill up with smoke if it is on.

Pretty much any UPS will work for you. Just check your stoves specs and pick a UPS VA size that will last the length of time you desire. Once the UPS battery runs down I don't think you will find any graceful way to shutdown the pellet stove, unlike most UPSes that have a USB or serial connection to signal the computer to shutdown.

Attachments

• TrippLite1000LCD-2.jpg
    TrippLite1000LCD-2.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 187
Please do a search for this. It has been covered time, and time, and time again. There is a lot of info on this subject.

Mark Fellows said:
Please do a search for this. It has been covered time, and time, and time again. There is a lot of info on this subject.
AMEN......................

Status
Not open for further replies.