UPS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricks

Mar 8, 2012
Western Maine
Hi,

I have an older Whitfield Quest that I have been very happy with. I would like to add a UPS to allow me to shut the stove down when I lose power. Can anyone tell me how big a power supply I need. I am only interested in enough time to shut the stove down when I lose power. No need to run the stove for long on the power supply.

Since I am asking, what brand / model of power supply can you recommend.

thanks

Rick.........

I have a Cyberpower BC1500AVRLCD on my stove at home. We don't generally have long power outages up here but it has kicked on a few times and gives me about 40 minutes of run time which is 20 minutes of waiting for the power to come back and another 20 minutes for the stove to shut down if it doesn't. It also has a voltage regulator onboard to make a nice pure Sine Wave control boards like.

Status
Not open for further replies.