Upton 207 with older control panel (not digital)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JCC1957

Aug 18, 2014
RI
I'm hoping that someone can help me. I found an Upton 207 pellet stove on craigslist but I can't find any documentation on it. The company was bought by US Stove and they only have the manual for the more recent version which shows a digital display panel and the one I looked at has manual switches (so it must be older). Does anyone have experience with this stove? I'd appreciate any knowledge that you can share. Thank you!

JCC I can dig up an older OM for ya. I don't have any hands on with the older board, but I know the 207 well.

Thank you, Owen! What is your opinion of the Upton 207? It's an unusual stove in that it uses natural draft. I've only had experience with pellet stoves that have a draft fan. I'd appreciate your thoughts and insights on this stove.

It's a great stove, one of my Favs. It's a positive pressure firebox system. It can go quite a while without cleaning the firebox out. One fan one motor so less that needs to be replaced. The company was bought by Nu-tec Then by USSC. The analog control panel is unfamilar to me and tracking down an OM on it is proving hard. If the control panel were to go out it would have to be upgraded to a digital board. If that is even possible, I'm checking on that as well. The stove is still being produced today but now it is called a SP-50 and is under the Breckwell brand. It's a simple stove. Does it work currently? Does the seller have the orginial manual? There are a few threads on it here on hearth. In general owners seem to really enjoy them. The natural draft system (partial) is unique now a days. It is still required to go by the 2-10-3 rule with the chimney and it will not have the usual issues that pellet stoves have during a power failure. Did you have any other concerns/questions?

Thanks for the info. The current owners "inherited" the stove when they bought the house and they know nothing about it. They don't have the manual. I don't know if it works other than when I went to see it the fans worked. Is the stove a manually-lit stove? I'm mostly concerned about that analog panel and getting an understanding of how to operate it.

Yes it is a maually lit stove. Analog board are easy to operate. There is just no prosessor (computer) running the board just switches and relays really. They tended to be reliable. Usually just a rotary dial with 1-5 or A though E type heat range, a on off switch, and maybe a hi-lo fan switch and a auger start/stop button. It will be easy to figure out the operation relatively. There is a guy on here by the name Nu-Tec stoves who may have more knowledge on the analog. I PM'd him so hopefully he'll join in soon.

Just finished speaking with one of our engineers he said you can upgrade that stove to the digital board. It would need the new wiring harness. IT is fairly easy to do I have done a few on Breckwell myself and we could walk you though it if need be.

I am waiting to receive the Analog OM for the 207 as well as the upgrade instruction sheet. Stand by

Edit: Peter from nu-tec is getting it to me....Hooray Peter

Last edited:
Joyce I have the digital copy of the 207 OM for the Analog style control board. PM me where you'd like it sent

I should correct myself on one thing. It is not a positive pressure firebox, it is a postive pressure air delivery system. Poor wording on my part sorry.

Just inherited this fine stove. Would like to have 207 OM for that Analog Control , especially a diagram of the board if possible! Any help would be greatly appreciated .This stove is 20 Yrs old and still running strong....just like to build up a manual as I am replacing some worn components! Installed in my shop and will be firing it up when maintenance is done. Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.