ureathane on stainless?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a question I would put to the foam chemical company, not the applicator. If any issues you might be able to isolate stainless with paint applied to the proper mill thickness.

Will

Hey ? I can answer most bulk tanks are already insulated at least on top as the cooler plate are in the bottom 1/3 only, if you have both the inner tank and the shell it's easy th fill the area with the cooler plates. But yes spray foam sticks to stainless real well often used in bulk head instillations on the dairies

Thanks for the replys, I have a owb that has a stainless water jacket. It is insulated with fiberglass from the factory but I know how much better spray foam insulation is. Its on season 6 or 7 so I am really not worried if I void any warrrenty that I have left. The water jacket is painted with a black paint that is in very good condition. It seems like it would be better than fiberglass for preventing codensation during the off season since it (ureathane) is its own vapor barrior. Keep the thoughts coming, thanks again!

Just found this info?

INSULATION TYPES

There are two basic types of insulation – glass and spray foam. Spray foam has a better R-value per inch; however, when subjected to great heat it tends to crystallize and break down. Furnaces sweat and foam insulation does not breathe. This makes a good formula for corrosion. The long term winner is regular fiberglass batting. The use of aluminum foil insulation with air bubbles has not proven up and should be looked upon as a liability. Definitely avoid this insulation.

Not sure how it can sweat if it is sealed? I bet this guy could tell you. http://ridgewoodstove.com/ridge_flyer.pdf He builds them and sprays insulation.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.