1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

urgent 10-cpm issue

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by alltherage, Feb 26, 2012.

1. alltherage

alltherage Member

Loc:
    chautauqua County, NY
    i agree...this is a fuel issue.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. stoveguy2esw

stoveguy2esw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    madison hgts. va
    i sent you an e mail this morning, it sounds like we are not holding the door switch closed as the fire heats up and air density falls off, the test ive outlined in my e mail to you will allow us to see if this is our culprit. if this is teh case its why your issue is happening to start with , every time the stove feeds for a bit it starts warming up but if the switch is dropping you lose a lot of what you gained between feedings so naturally the stove itself doesnt get very warm. go ahead and run the test i put in the email and lets see what happens based on the results of this test i should be able to get you up and running easily
  3. ohbix

ohbix Member

Loc:
    OH
    Mike's reply is why I am seriously considering an Englander stove in the future: Service!
  4. stoveguy2esw

Loc:
    madison hgts. va
    dont "Laud me too much yet" when i e mailed the OP i forgot to include clear instructions :red: just finished fixing that oversight, guess i didnt have enough coffee in the bloodstream this morning :cheese: i can be such a doofus sometimes
  5. alltherage

alltherage Member

Loc:
    chautauqua County, NY
    Mike,
    Don't be so humble....you're a great help and great sketch artist with the diagram you drew up for me.
  6. alltherage

alltherage Member

Loc:
    chautauqua County, NY
    Well folks....Mike has done it again!!!

What a difference...night and day!!

It's the vacuum switch. I made the changes that mike suggested, and bingo.

Started the stove at 7PM...ignition at 7:03....out of startup at 7:10....and blower on at 7:19.

steady raging inferno at 6-6 and 3-3-1....and i was worried that i'd overheat it with the fire I had before????? AS IF

Thanks mike....let me know where we go from here.

Can't thank everyone enough for all the help...just in time too, as we have big big winds coming in tonight and tomorrow and i'll be working all weekend to get the lights back on it looks like.

Cheers!!
  7. imacman

imacman Guest

Now you'll see the heat it will pump out! Unless mike suggusted those lower button settings, you might want to try going back to the original 1-4-1 settings....if it gives enough heat, it will save some pellets.

Congrats!

Mike to the rescue once again!!
  8. alltherage

alltherage Member

Loc:
    chautauqua County, NY
    i'm experimenting now...started at 3-3-1 like he suggested, went to 3-5-1 like you've suggested...

i'm so psyched right now....hoping that it will heat the 1500 sq foot basement with concrete floors and walls, insulated ceiling and 1" polystyrene walls....but we're going to frame up a wall so we'll be good regardless.
  9. alltherage

alltherage Member

Loc:
    chautauqua County, NY
    i'm getting auger action every " 4mississippi's" now at 6-6/7-7.
  10. imacman

imacman Guest

PM sent
  11. stoveguy2esw

Loc:
    madison hgts. va
    easy, gimme a yell tomorrow and we'll get that switch replaced, actually, did you and i do the registration when we talked before? if so, just e mail me the serial number and i'll pull it up and just send it out. if not , then like i said give me a yell at work. make sure you have the serial number with ya so i can do the registration (sorry cant remember if we did that yet or not) either way we got the hard part done.
  12. mrnudis

mrnudis New Member

Loc:
    Penns Woods
    I can only hope this thread is still available for people to be helped. I have a 49 shcpm model englander stove and it also seems like it's stuck in start up mode. I did change the setting from 3 to 1, and it got better, but the bottom 3 buttons i cannot change. They are on 1-1-1. from what i read here they should be 1-4-1, 3-5-1. I have looked all over and the tech support line is constantly busy. Can anyone help me? The stove itself is only 3 years old, and i kept telling my parents it didn't work properly from the start. Yes it was brand new.
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  13. stoveguy2esw

Loc:
    madison hgts. va

to raise the LBA press the LBA button then quickly press BOTH up arrows together repeatedly until it reads 4 let me know if this doesnt help
    mrnudis likes this.
  14. mrnudis

mrnudis New Member

Loc:
    Penns Woods
    :)
    it worked! That is fantastic! !! Thank you so much!
    now my next question is the setting should be 1-4-1? This stove is rated for 2200 square feet and my house is 1450. Suggestions?
    now let's see how it works. Starting it up now... immediately I can see the difference in the flame.
  15. stoveguy2esw

Loc:
    madison hgts. va
    yeah, settings for that stove are 1-4-1 should burn much better with the added air
  16. mrnudis

mrnudis New Member

Loc:
    Penns Woods
    It is burning much better as the temperature inside the house has risen around 12 degrees, but for some reason it doesn't seem to run as warm as my smaller one in my house further up north. Same pellets as I was running up there. Is there possibly anything else I'm missing?
  17. mithesaint

mithesaint Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NW Ohio
    The CPM has a pretty big blower on it, and it moves a lot of CFM. Your other stove probably had a smaller blower. Basically, the CPM moves a large volume of warm air, while the other stove probably moved a small volume of hot air. Make sense? My CPM heats my 2400 sq ft colonial well as long as it isn't windy. I live in the middle of nowhere, and I'm pretty screwed when the wind kicks up.
  18. mrnudis

mrnudis New Member

Loc:
    Penns Woods
    It does make perfect sense actually. Thank you guys for your help.