US 6039 Multi-fuel build up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ttufto

Jan 30, 2016
Dawson
At the beginning of the season, stove ran good (6039 CORN & PELLET MULTIFUEL STOVE) they someone said to mix wood pellets and corn to get a hotter heat. ran good for a while.then started to build up in the fuel box like it does not burn up all the way. clean everything up and started back with corn and chick scratch. and it is still building up. and suggests why and what can we do to have it burn up the fuel.

Welcome to the forum! When was the last time you cleaned internal exhaust pathways and venting? Sounds like a low air issue...

At the beginning of the season, stove ran good (6039 CORN & PELLET MULTIFUEL STOVE) they someone said to mix wood pellets and corn to get a hotter heat. ran good for a while.then started to build up in the fuel box like it does not burn up all the way. clean everything up and started back with corn and chick scratch. and it is still building up. and suggests why and what can we do to have it burn up the fuel.
Check what Lake Girl said above this post. Also follow the link I have in my signature as to how to deep clean during the burning season, I do this weekly as I burn only corn and burn clinker style.

I assume you are using the agitator in the firepot? If so are you getting banging around from the build up, noisy from the pot being lifted? Are all the holes in the burn pot clear?
You may also have to adjust your feed rates with the corn being added so that it has more time to burn. I know on mine that the factory default setting on HR1 is 2.00, that's 2pph (pounds per hour). I had to dial that back to 1.50 on HR1 to get a good burn on the lower settings.

These are proportional control boards. What that means is that you make a setting on high and low and everything is adjusted automatically on the setting between high and low. So you may have to play with it to get a good burn when changing from pellets to other fuels, in fact you WILL have to make changes, that's what makes the stove great for alternative fuels, but it isn't just plug and play to get them to burn other fuels.

Please post how long you've had this stove, general setup, OAK, no OAK, damper position if you have a damper under the firepot.

Status
Not open for further replies.