US King 5502M

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
just a note I had the same thing except I took the wing nut off an put a regular nut and use a ratchet to tighten it. pellets sliding down keep loosening the wing nut since the switch I have had no issue.

I just did a complete cleaning of my 5502M today since we had what appeared to be a major issue with it last night (a not-so-small explosion that blew out all the silicone on my vent pipes), and one of the things I looked for was this little sliding door thingy in the hopper.. I did not see one.

Bought the stove a couple months ago at TSC. Maybe they took out the sliding door recently?

Wow, scary. What lead up to the not-so-small explosion? What vent configuration and settings were you using? Error codes?

Have you taken all the pellets out of the hopper? If so, try to get a picture to post here so it can be compared to other King 5502M stoves... Can call USSC to confirm if feed gate is still there...

Wow, scary. What lead up to the not-so-small explosion? What vent configuration and settings were you using? Error codes?

Have you taken all the pellets out of the hopper? If so, try to get a picture to post here so it can be compared to other King 5502M stoves... Can call USSC to confirm if feed gate is still there...

I'm 99% certain that the burn pot was too full (I'd been running tests on it.. didn't empty out the pot after running the auger test), and caused a sort of flashover. However, it has been working well since then.

Vent is a 45 angle then straight out a couple of feet to a cap. It looks pretty much exactly like this: http://www.kingofallwebs.com/photos/Pellet_Furnace/IMG_20110106_095112.jpg

I didn't grab a picture while all the pellets were out. But I did look it over fairy well and there weren't even pilot holes where any such creature could go.

I'm planning on calling USSC next week when I have some time to be on the phone... I have a million and two questions that I need to have answered by them.

New to pellet stoves, just bought the 5502M from Tractor supply, been using for a week, seems to be heating pretty well, a lot is spot on glass( have cut gasket) also had some spot on out side of house, pot seems to fill up quick and spill out towards glass, is this normal for this stove??? Also is this a good burn for a pellet stove​

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 352
we have installed a brand new king 5502 pellet stove. The motor starts up but no pellets drop. I let it run for 5 minutes like the instructions says to do. But no pellet drops. We have checked to make sure the door is closed all the way and the hopper door is closed. Is there anyone help? It is suppose to get colder next week

we have installed a brand new king 5502 pellet stove. The motor starts up but no pellets drop. I let it run for 5 minutes like the instructions says to do. But no pellet drops. We have checked to make sure the door is closed all the way and the hopper door is closed. Is there anyone help? It is suppose to get colder next week
Is it brand new from the store or new to you? I have seen a few people selling their stoves because the auger is bad. You could take the back off and check the 2 wires going to the auger motor makings sure they are pushed on good. Try starting the stove and watch the auger motor to see if it runs. Then look at the connection to the auger shaft. Could have a bad shear pin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: