US Stove 2000 damper sticking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PowersTree

Nov 16, 2014
Michigan
First, thank you for the wealth of information available on this site. The knowledge shared here helped me immensely in the install of my stove.

I have a US Stove company 2000. Twice now since my install I have had the damper stick wide open and not be able to close it. Thankfully my wood isn't fully seasoned and I didn't experience temps over 750, but it has me worried during future use.

The first time it happened, I let the stove cool down overnight then pulled the plate that holds the damper assembly and slid the damper out. I found some welding slag in the damper area so I proceeded to vacuum the area out as best as possible and blew air in to hopefully, remove any more I couldn't see. I put the assembly back together and everything seemed good over the past two weeks, until this morning when it happened again.

I called the company, the rep said it sounded like the rod or plate was bent. She told me to pull it apart and inspect it. I did, and everything seems straight.

They have a new damper assembly on the way to me, but I wanted to ask you guys if you know of any other things to look at. I put it back together and everything is functioning as it should again.

If u get the air control to close don't fully open it, based on what your saying it sounds like you don't have any problems until the air control is fully open. You may be able to limp the stove along until your parts come in

Look at the track that the damper slider moves in. Perhaps it is slightly pinched at the wide open end? If so take a screwdriver and open it up a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.