US stove 2200i insert, Century CW2500, and a Osburn 2000 Difference??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HatCityIAFF

Burning Hunk
Oct 26, 2011
Western CT
I'm looking into a US stove 2200i insert, Century CW2500, and a Osburn 2000. What is the difference between the stoves?? The US stove I can get for $750, the Century for $1100, and the Osburn for $1900. They all have about the same efficency, firebox size, and BTU output, although the Osburn is a bit bigger. Is there really something i would be able to tell with a $1000 difference between the stoves?? I might be missing something since i'm a newbie, thats why you guys are here to point things out!!

Bigger firebox, gauge and weight of steel are notable differences. The Osburn weighs almost #100 more. Other differences might be sleeve vs ball bearing motor, steel vs stainless steel burn tubes, etc. To bring the differential down, shop a bit more for the Osburn. www.dynamitebuys.com for instance is a few hundred less. They sell all three and should be able to give you a good comparison.

That's where I was mainly looking. I really can't get any info on the "guts" of these three stoves, but the fire boxes are VERRRRRY close in cubic inches. I'm just wondering if the Osburn is really worth $1200 more than the $750 US stove. I mean what can it be....put wood in, start a fire, turn the blower on...tweak some settings, and enjoy a nice fire. Will $1200 give me a better fire??

Perhaps the question should be: will it last longer and cost less over its lifespan? I can't say that for sure. Another thing that might be important is how loud is the blower? Give Sean a call at dynamite and see what he thinks. They are pretty knowledgeable and helpful folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.