US Stove 5500M. Stove won't start. Two flashing lines. Error code 9.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lemonadelady

Apr 19, 2014
schoharie county, ny
I have a 5500M US Stove. It was a dark day when I invested in this, primary, source of heat. I shut it off last night and tried to restart this morn. Nothing lit up on the display board. I unplugged it and when it came back on it had 2 flashing lines in the display. When I did a factory reset, error code 9 came up. I can't find error code 9 anywhere. What could possibly be wrong with this-soon going to scrap yard- stove NOW. I have kept it clean and I try to use good pellets. Please, please help me!!!

I think you have a board problem and err9 is just the result,but things to try--plug stove into a different outlet.--Unplug stove,unplug connectors on board and plug back in and retry.

Err 9 is a Zero Cross input failed error. It's an odd one. It breaks down to one of two things:
1) AC supply frequency out of range (suppose to be 60H)
2) Zero cross Optocoupler failure

Do you have it connected to a GFI? or a Surge protector?
try pressing Aux up and down arrows together and hold (another board reset) but if it is plugged into a GFI change the outlet to a non GFI one and use a surge protector. How long have you had this stove and how is it installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.