us stove 5510 pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pumpgail

Dec 22, 2009
mid missouri
We bought a US Stove 5510 pellet stove and never got it running. The company is taking it back but was curious if this is a problem all the time. Ours would have amind of its own. We would priogram as they told us on the phone and then 3 hours later it would just feed lots of pellets and not run god at all. We never did get any heat our of it . Could not get basement above 60 degrees. From the time we installed it we were on the phone with them up until yesterday when they agreed to take it back. Was wondering what kind of stove to get or if to try another Us Stove as the store is offering us a different Us Stove 5510 again or our money back. Have already lost 2 months of heating and quite frustrated.

I would get your money back and not buy a complicated peice of equipment, as a pellet stove is, unless you want to either A. Enjoy your time tinkering with it and fixing it yourself, or B. Buy it from a Hearth retailer that will sell quality equipment and stand behind it with good customer service.

pumpgail said:
We bought a US Stove 5510 pellet stove and never got it running. The company is taking it back but was curious if this is a problem all the time. Ours would have amind of its own. We would priogram as they told us on the phone and then 3 hours later it would just feed lots of pellets and not run god at all. We never did get any heat our of it . Could not get basement above 60 degrees. From the time we installed it we were on the phone with them up until yesterday when they agreed to take it back. Was wondering what kind of stove to get or if to try another Us Stove as the store is offering us a different Us Stove 5510 again or our money back. Have already lost 2 months of heating and quite frustrated.

Hold on now. You say you never got it running , then you say it would not run good, then you say you never got any heat from it, and finally you say you coudn`t get the basement above 60. The last comment especially leads me to think it was actually up and running. Which is it?
My next question is : Is the basement insulated?

We've had ours a couple of months now and haven't had any major problems. A couple of minor issues, sure. Sooty glass...bumped up the draft....too many pellets in the pot...turned down the feed. Been running non stop for about a month straight. Just turn it off to clean then fire it right back up again.

pumpgail said:
WE did have it running but never got it running right. My basement is not finished. We have exhausted all options.
Hi Gail,
Heating an unfinished basement with a pellet stove is never an easy task. The exposed concrete sucks up the heat as fast as most pellet stoves can put it out.

had my 5510 now for a little over a month.had a door gasket problem but the company sent me a new one which took about two days.haven't had a problem with it since.

i have a friend who has one of these stoves. ran fine last year and put out good heat. this stove just runs and runs even when dirty,rarely a clunker and burns most any pellet.had a bad igniter after setting all summer,but company sent one out real quickly. i think your problem may be a stove problem,but listen when they say an unfinished basement wont heat well.i learned the hard way,wanting it downstairs so i wouldnt have to carry pellets and it was an easy install. bad mistake,must run full blast to get heat an all you do is loose alot and only warm floors.either insulate cellar or your wasting your time.will move mine after remodeling is done.

I have experienced the same problems with two of the 5510 King Pellet stoves now, the first stove never ran right, the draft fan was not continuously working and it would not quit pouring pellets into the burn pot so the store I bought it from replaced it with another one. Got the second one home and hooked it up ran just like my Englander 25-pvdc did until I had to set it on the HR-4 setting because temp. were in the single digits. It then began running like the first one did building pellet up into the burnpot and the draft fan was not running right, and the stove was getting extremely hot so had to shut it down for several hours and reset the switch board then it ran good again but had to do the HR-4 setting again and got the same thing. Have spent several hours on the phone with US Stove Co. and cannot speak to the same person more than once, all they keep saying is to reset back to factory settings and start over (I have never even moved it off factory settings), one person hung up on me, another told me the stoves have two different switch boards in them and would have to talk to the engineer then call me back and I have heard nothing back, another person told me they were in Tennessee and could not send anyone to help. Needless to say the stove has a mind of it's own sometimes it works great then it gets all wacky feeding too much pellet when you never changed the setting. I am very dissatisfied with the stove and with the company for not stepping up to the plate on their product. I will never purchase anything made by Us Stove Co. again and don't recomend this stove to anyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.