US Stove 5660 Won't run blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

edking603

Jan 12, 2014
Southern NH
I saw a similar post on this forum. My stove will start and ignite with exhaust fan running. But room blower won't turn on. After start up is done, it shuts downs and gives error code 1 & 5, burn pot didn't light. Which makes no sense as it did light. Could it be a temp sensor that is bad not allowing the room blower to turn on? I unplugged the blower leads and ran 120 volts to it and the blower started right up. I then tested the power leads to the blower, getting power. I have an O.A.K. installed, no butterfly valve. Any help you can offer would be great as Home Depot, where I bought it, is of no help.
Thanks,
Ed

Yes

http://m.grainger.com/mobile/product/Fan-Switch-6UED8

Here is the replacement from Grainger. They do not last long due to the plastic housing. I took an old one apart, used the metal base and four pennies, and suface mounted my latest one because I got tired of changing them out.

You may be able to find a ceramic one, just be sure it is a close on rise fan switch 140 degrees F.

Status
Not open for further replies.