US stove 6039 help need heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cembry

Nov 22, 2016
Michigan
This is the model without the abc buttons. Worked great last season. Cleaned and maintained checked no chimney blockage seems to be functioning properly and no error codes. Will not put out any heat. Room it is in should be 80 degrees can't get it above 50. Even running on highest settings hr9 df6 does the same wether in manual mode or auto. Damper all the way out or out 1 inch. Only time there's any change is close damper all the way fire goes out. Please help have no heat. Any suggestions. Burning pellets.

Is the room (convection) blower running?

Different pellets than before? All components are functioning (auger, exhaust blower, convection blower, agitator)? What is the room fan set to? When you make any changes to heat level, wait 30 minutes, is there a change in burn quality/flame size? Open draft only far enough to get a brisk flame but not have pellets jumping out of the pot.

You could try unplugging the unit if that is the method for a board reset back to factory default ... not 100% sure on your stove if that is the method.
Wondering if there are board issues if all components are actually running.... Do you have it on a surge protector?

Ash dumps in the firebox were replaced and secured when cleaning was done? This will usually change your burn qualities if they are open ... firebox cannot generate a vacuum. If they are loose, will likely just mess up burn quality which will likely change heat output.

Ash dumps in the firebox were replaced and secured when cleaning was done? This will usually change your burn qualities if they are open ... firebox cannot generate a vacuum. If they are loose, will likely just mess up burn quality which will likely change heat output.
Yep checked all that too. Chimney clear and tight also
Different pellets than before? All components are functioning (auger, exhaust blower, convection blower, agitator)? What is the room fan set to? When you make any changes to heat level, wait 30 minutes, is there a change in burn quality/flame size? Open draft only far enough to get a brisk flame but not have pellets jumping out of the pot.

You could try unplugging the unit if that is the method for a board reset back to factory default ... not 100% sure on your stove if that is the method.
Wondering if there are board issues if all components are actually running.... Do you have it on a surge protector?
yes everything running like normal nice flame all fans working blowing drafting just no darn heat. It was 45 in that room after two day it's 51 degrees. Still no error codes running on h9 rf6

Different pellets? Does that model have a damper? Open too far so heat going up the exhaust venting?

This is the model without the abc buttons. Worked great last season. Cleaned and maintained checked no chimney blockage seems to be functioning properly and no error codes. Will not put out any heat. Room it is in should be 80 degrees can't get it above 50. Even running on highest settings hr9 df6 does the same wether in manual mode or auto. Damper all the way out or out 1 inch. Only time there's any change is close damper all the way fire goes out. Please help have no heat. Any suggestions. Burning pellets.

OK, so you say it is not the ABC panel, then it's the 4 button control panel?

You say it worked last year just fine, what about other years, or did you just own it for the previous year?

You have eliminated all of the exhaust blockage from what you say.

I notice at the end of your post you state that when you close the manual damper that the fire goes out. Last year did you have to have that damper open? Do you have a OAK/FAK hooked upped to that stove? If you have the OAK installed perhaps it is clogged up, the stove isn't getting air from outside to the burn pot.

It sounds to me like a blockage. Even though you say you had the ash dumps out etc, there could be a blockage you didn't reach inside there someplace. If you have fire and no heat and the convection fan is running, then the heat exchangers are not exchanging LOL.

I agree with Alternative, double and triple check your cleaning

Pete, where do you get your knock out cover replacements? Forum member poked through one a whitfield and the only "replacement" found was $90+ for two 1-1/8" knock-out covers. Found this link on Graingers and wondering what the thickness is on the originals and whether these would stand up.
https://www.grainger.com/product/GR...m/rp/s/is/image/Grainger/4HFT6_AS01?$smthumb$
Any hardware store that carries electrical parts should have them. Around $0.50 each at most. They may not be as thick as the originals but the two I have in my stove have been in there for all eleven years and are still good. And consider that I remove them each time I clean the stove, once a week, they seem to be just fine.

Reactions: Lake Girl
Wait... HR9 and RF6? Hows that possible? on my 4 button board, you cannot go lower on RF than you can on HR..

Sounds like your auger motor is going bad.. mine did that last year, it was stuck on HR3 irregardless of what i did.. (not really HR3, but it seemed like it.. i could put it on HR9 and it was no higher than it would been on 3, and on HR1 it was still pumping out flames)
I replaced auger motor (cuz it locked up like 2 weeks after i was pulling my hair out) and when i threw the new one on, the problem went away. The motor could be seizing or box could be seizing. They're like 60 or 70 bucks on ebay, grab one and try it. i keep spares of everything on hand for those "Oh crap" moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.