US Stove 6039HF eliminating stirrer?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris J

Oct 3, 2011
North West NJ
I seem to recall seeing a thread last year on eliminating the stirrer /agitator on stoves like the 6039HF but I can't seem to find it?

My agitator motor was starting to make noises last year and all we burn is wood pellets so I'm thinking its best just to get rid of the agitator. Whats required and what are the downsides?

I'm assuming you end up with less flyash which is great, but what else happens?

We only use the pellet stove in mild weather now as the NG steam heat is a bit much to run in the spring / fall due to, well, a lot of iron that must be heated.

I don't know about others, but I'm looking forward to the winter!

Thanks,

Chris J

I haven't tried to run without it so I'm not sure what would happen. Easy enough to try though. Let us know what the results are !

Hey schoondog, long time no talk!

I'd like to try it but it seems a need whats called a "clinker pot" first. I guess its a deeper and slightly different style burnpot.

Nice to see you Schoondog....

Stoves with agitators can amd will burn pellets without them. My CPM has the option to turn the agitator motor off, but the ash build up in the pot will add up much faster. If you can adjust and increase the air to the pot, it will help a little. That agitator lets the stove burn pellets more efficiently at a lower air rate because of the agitation.

You may need to stir/scrape the pot at least once a day, if you disconnect. . .

Hopefully someone with that model will comment... I wouldnt go without if I had one. A replacement motor (just an auger motor) can be had for fairly cheap. Whats the specs on the motor? (RPM?)

Howdy guys, always a pleasure to get back to Hearth. Chris yu could try to look on I burn corn to see if they have a discussion on no stirrer. Mine has always made a little noise, nothing crazy. I'm not sure my stove would perform very well without the stirrer even with wood pellets.
Schoondog

Status
Not open for further replies.