US Stove American Harvest 6041 Multi-Fuel - Err2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

Just got this Err2 on the LED Control Panel (See pic below) and the unit commenced shutdown. The hopper is low but pellets are just barely covering the Auger?

6041 Owner's Manual Page 23 states
Err2 The low limit temperature sensor has tripped.
• Hopper Empty.
• Auger output failure or jam.
• Poor flame or fuel quality caused fire to burn too slowly or go out.
• Electrical Open in low temperature switch or wiring.
• Fire was not well established before the PCB’s programmed time
limit expired.

I will put more pellets in the hopper.

Attachments

• USAM6041ControlPanelErr-2.jpg
    USAM6041ControlPanelErr-2.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 535
Hello

I put more pellets in the hopper and no more error! I guess it is a little sensetive when you get low!

Probably not getting a good feed of pellets and the flue temp drops.

Hi Smokey
You have a good point. The low limit snap disc is mounted up high on the left front of the firebox behind the left side panel. I have seen many other stoves and this stove is different in many ways! That front left corner of the fire box could have cooled enough to trip the low limit. On many other stoves the Low Limit snap disc goes into the exhaust plenum! On this stove the High Limit snap disc goes into the exhaust plenum! On many other stoves the high limit snap disc goes on the bottom of the hopper or the back of the fire box. Maybe I should start redesigning this stove? ? ? LOL

Don hows the hopper slide? Sometimes its just a bit of pledge to get em to eat the whole thing(hopper) before going blinky(error) on ya!

Don hows the hopper slide? Sometimes its just a bit of pledge to get em to eat the whole thing(hopper) before going blinky(error) on ya!

Good point Jay, I will check tomorrow. maybe some spray graphite or spray dry moly. I sold my last can of spray moly so I got some on order!

Smokey, I am not really going to redesign but considering where the low limit is mounted, I could put a snap disc that trips at a slightly lower point than 120 Deg F to compensate for the location. That would be a very realistic fix and real improvement. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.