US stove company buyer beware

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a lot of people here who have that same stove and probably would be willing to try and help you get it running. If you could post what the problem(s) are with it you might still get some use from it.
Thanks and I will. 1st problem is the controll board is junk and waiting on replacement 2wks now. So 1 step at a time. Should be here couple of days. Thank god the weather up here in New England had been mild so far. Just plsses me off that that company personal just feed you crap. Id expect problems if I was to buy used. Like motorcycles I've picked up, research, it's an old bike. There is no service dept or order parts from your local dealership. Don't expect it from a new product just outa the box.

There are a lot of people here who have that same stove and probably would be willing to try and help you get it running. If you could post what the problem(s) are with it you might still get some use from it.
Thanks and I will. 1st problem is the controll board is junk and waiting on replacement 2wks now. So 1 step at a time. Should be here couple of days. Thank god the weather up here in New England had been mild so far. Just plsses me off that that company personal just feed you crap. Id expect problems if I was to buy used. Like motorcycles I've picked up, research, it's an old bike. There is no service dept or order parts from your local dealership. Don't expect it from a new product just outa the box.

To be honest, for the grand I paid for this stove, I'd just replace it with a better one and take the hit cost wise. Buy cheap get cheap!

Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

If you decide to replace it, there should be some good deals on used pellet stove in the spring/summer. I think a lot of people will give up on their pellet stoves with the low oil prices. Something to consider.

Good luck, Chops.

Reactions: Peterfield
Low oil fuel oil price won't last my friend. Something fishy with that anyhow. But that's a topic in some other form in some other place. I started this topic to warn others about us stove and my own experience with them. Trust me my friend it takes a lot to ruffle my feathers and thay did just that.

Low oil fuel oil price won't last my friend. Something fishy with that anyhow. But that's a topic in some other form in some other place. I started this topic to warn others about us stove and my own experience with them. Trust me my friend it takes a lot to ruffle my feathers and thay did just that.

Nothing fishy about it man no, it's not happening because it's an election year. Saudis are trying to break the back of the U.S. fracking efforts and to a large extent, they have had some success. Iran will pump the bejejus out of their oil
fields soon and have no sympathy for OPEC. Financial houses, speculators and oil companies all say the price slump will have staying power and they are talking in terms of years, not months. The old wive's tales are not in play for this one.

Last edited:
Reactions: 46FarmallH
Anyway you slice it or dice it it will not last be it year or months. Big suv and big power wagons will sell during these happy days. Then bam it's over world will again be at war total or limited. There arming up and selling much more fuel at lower price to do so.

Reactions: Hersheyheat
I bought my US BIG KING in October and Installed it right away. It's been my only source of heating my house all winter and I must say it's been great haven't had one issue with it. My only complaint is I wish it had a tray for the ash to fall into Instead of the way it's set up now, for this reason I have to clean it every 5 days but that's also because the pellets I've burnt haven't been the greatest

Reactions: Metal
maybe it was built on a Monday

:eek:

I thought it was Friday that was the real bad production day. Though Monday morning is probably just as bad.

Hope they treat you better, Chops.

Today finely I got my parts. I thought that were sending just controll board. But thay sent wiring harness and a switch for the hopper door. I should be great full but I'm not. Just a hassle to deal with this company and it just bugs me that this stove is brand new and I've got to install all these parts. I would expect it if the stove was used or had been working. Oh well let's see what happens next.

A good step in the right direction though ... let us know how you make out. Remember to put a surge protector on that stove to protect the board!

You could of bought whole+ winter's worth of oil for the money you wasted, thats 2 winters in oil for me, you blew a G note, should of just bought a used Whitfield for few hundred on craigslist

Today finely I got my parts. I thought that were sending just controll board. But thay sent wiring harness and a switch for the hopper door. I should be great full but I'm not. Just a hassle to deal with this company and it just bugs me that this stove is brand new and I've got to install all these parts. I would expect it if the stove was used or had been working. Oh well let's see what happens next.
Be careful handling that board. If you don't know, you need to make sure to discharge any static from you body and the stove itself or that board will be junk.

Reactions: vinny11950
You could of bought whole+ winter's worth of oil for the money you wasted, thats 2 winters in oil for me, you blew a G note, should of just bought a used Whitfield for few hundred on craigslist
I don't what good comes from kicking a guy when he's down. Sheesh.

Reactions: Chops
Oh great. How would I discharge static from stove and myself.
Touch something that is properly grounded. Most appliances with a 3 prong plug should be ok and just touch a part that is metal

Ahh I fee like a dumb azz. I know the answer. I work on gas lines. Got my head, well you know.
I hope my post didn't come off as you don't know what to do, just not sure how much people do know when they start messing with the electronics and hate to see them ruin a good board. You don't need anymore drama in you pellet stove nightmare.
Good luck!

No worries. I'm getting ready to change wiring harness and controll board. Hopefully this will clear up the problems and I can finely get a burn outs this junk. If this King pellet stove continues to be a problem. I'll just replace it with a better brand. And beleave me it will not be any brand that comes from us stove.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.