US Stove - Pellet Overflow

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angie

Dec 16, 2008
Northeast KS
First off, what a great forum! There is a plethora of information and I have learned quite a bit so far. Thank you!

Now, the problem I'm having and am hoping to find some sort of solution to is this - we purchased a US Stove, Model 6039 approximately 6 weeks ago. Everything has worked great until the last few days. I went to check on it the other morning and the flame had lost the "flicker" and was quite intense and the window was covered with black ash. When I looked inside the stove, the tray was overflowing with pellets. I clean and vacuum the stove out on a weekly basis and did so again just to be sure. I've tried every different option that I can think of in regards to air flow, etc....It seems to do this mainly when the settings are at 8 or above (from 1-10). I did a search on here, but couldn't find quite the same problem, so my apologies if this is repetative.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.