Use of USA Forests for Home Heating - Can this Sensibly be Expanded?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilted

Hearth Supporter
This popped up at one of my other favorite websites this weekend.

http://www.theoildrum.com/node/5132

I thought the folks here would be interested. To leave a comment you need to register, it is a fairly pain less process. The one comment that caught my attention on first scan was wood burning efficeincy of 55%. I suspect that is a average but I think the mention of pellets and newer EPA stoves needs to be mentioned. I'm not a wood burning expert and it would be nice if some of the talent here could drop over to TheOilDrum and tell them about new technology.

-- Brandy

Very interesting link- thanks!

I regularly check out this website. While I don't always agree with some of the doom and gloom of the comments, the articles and information are excellent. You can PM some of the moderators with updated information; most of them are very receptive to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.