used 021 stihl

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bsa0021

Feeling the Heat
Oct 1, 2008
Ohio
I picked it up at a garage sale without a bar and chain and the bar adjuster is also missing but it starts and runs great. I thought I'd use it as a limb/trim saw so I was wondering what size bar/chain i should put on it. I have a 023 with 16" bar so would a 14" be fine for the 021?

I just bought an 021 that has a 16" bar on it. I think I'm going to get a 14 though for what I use it for.

Put a picco hub on it and a 12" bar? Just thinkin out loud here.

Put a picco hub on it and a 12" bar? Just thinkin out loud here.
021 should be a Picco setup from the factory. They run a 16" with Picco chain on it just fine. 14" would also be a great setup since you don't have any cutting tackle on it currently.

The 021/023/025 series is a little beast. My neighbor has an 025 and a MS 250 (same saw, just newer) and those lil boogers scream.

The 021/023/025 series is a little beast. My neighbor has an 025 and a MS 250 (same saw, just newer) and those lil boogers scream.
Heck ya, took that lil 021 out with me today to trim up my hunting spot. Cut back a lot of brush, dropped a small cherry and cleared some lanes. I really like that lil thing. Need to go back and buck up the cherry to bring home.

Reactions: DexterDay
Status
Not open for further replies.