Used 036

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JR82

Apr 20, 2009
NNJ
I've been looking for a used Stihl for awhile now without much luck. I was think in the MS290 MS310 range. I just found a 5 year old 036 for $250. More saw than I was planning on and was hoping for a newer model. The guy is firm on the price. What do you guys think? He claims it 'runs like new'.

JR82 said:
I've been looking for a used Stihl for awhile now without much luck. I was think in the MS290 MS310 range. I just found a 5 year old 036 for $250. More saw than I was planning on and was hoping for a newer model. The guy is firm on the price. What do you guys think? He claims it 'runs like new'.
Not sure this will help, but I sold my 034 with 20 inch bar that was 20 years old for $200.

Shipper

I ended up taking it. I was first in line so I had to act fast. overall decent shape, however it needs a little tune up. and it doesnt seem like the chain brake works. I ran what fuel was in the tank through. Once i get some fresh fuel to refill it I will try to adjust the carbs to get a good idle then look into the chain brake.

JR82 said:
036 turn to a 360 and now is the 361 59cc saw if it runs good 250 is a fair price

I am looking for a larger saw and have watched some auctions on ebay the last couple of days.
2 036 and one 361 sold for 338.00 355.00 335.00 so it sounds to me like you got a pretty good deal on yours.
I do think the ebay results are a little high when a 15-20 year old saw goes for that close to what the new ones run.

Status
Not open for further replies.