Used Blaze King Princess - thoughts?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like it has been dusted alot more than it has been burned. Almost too nice for a pole barn. I have no idea what to look for, but check around the cat and bypass.

If it really is pristine, $750 would be my absolute limit. See if they'll throw in the chinese checkers.

Reactions: Wood-row Wilson
That is a bit high for a BK 1980's stove if you ask me, I wouldn't go above $500 for it. But that is still a nice stove that will throw out some heat, how much sq footage are you looking to heat?

I wasn't sure how old it was, so thanks for pointing that out because I wasn't sure by looking at it. My pole barn is more like an extra four car (tight) garage. Picture attached.

I had really wanted to have the time this summer/fall to install a gasser in the barn to run pex to heat the water and house; excess heat off the unit to heat the barn...but I ran out of time with other renovations to the house. Now I'm at the point that I get a wood stove just for the barn and heat the house with the pro-pain. I need to install pipe, so I want to install a woodstove that I can just move out of the way for the gassification boiler next year. Not even sure if this is possible with pipe size and configuration

So, I appreciate your feedback and am going to let this one sail. But I think I could use some help on the venting in relation to the anticipating of adding a gasser in the future. Is this even possible...?

Attachments

• My house.jpg
    My house.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 160
Yeah..that's not a princess,it's a king.
I had that same stove for 14 years or more.
Worked ok but not a BKK cat by any means..but on high that thing will throw some wicked heat!
Holds a ton of wood!
EDIT: ..it could be a cat stove though..you should ask.

Hotcoals is correct. Princess has 4 holes in pedestal and King's have 5.

Hotcoals is correct. Princess has 4 holes in pedestal and King's have 5.
Plus the 8" flue is a big clue..lol.

They all had 8" outlets at the time.

The probe and bypass handle should make the cat part easy.

The difference between the two was never obvious to me in a picture. The 4 vs 5 hole thing is good to know.

Ah good eyes. I didn't see the by-pass handle at first look.
I did know about the 4 vs 5 hole though.

Status
Not open for further replies.