Used Dutchwest 2462 Large, sales question...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

My Oslo heats my home

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Sep 20, 2010
South Shore, MA
Hello All, I have a general information type question for a used stove. When I bought my present home in March of 2008 it already had a VC Dutchwest 2462 in place. The stove had some minor damage and was replaced in 2010 with a Jotul 602. Long question made short, I'd like to sell the stove in it's present condition but not having much luck with the likes of craigslist or local ads. Is there anywhere else I can post this for people like us that associate regularly with stoves, inserts etc?? I don't want to scrap the stove, I think with a few bucks invested it will have plenty of life left in it. Any suggestions??

What condition is it in currently and how much are you asking? There is of course the for sale forum here...

My bad, never been anywhere on this site except the hearth room. This is the little bit of info that I can provide. Don't know the model year, the UL metal tag has been painted over. The front door needs to be replaced along with the glass, the cast was broken at the top hinge on the door side. The gaskets need replacing and the CAT will most likely need replacing. I have never burned in it, this is the way the stove was found when I bought the house, it's been sitting on a pallet ever since. I'll post some pics when I make my way to the 'for sale' forum on here. Wasn't quite sure of an asking price, just wanted to make sure the stove was placed back into service again at a fair price. Thanks Defiant3...

Sounds like it needs a lot of work, door, glass, cat and who knows what else? Probably a complete rebuild. Is the refractory OK and are there any other warped parts? You'll have a hard time selling that one I would think! Especially when you can get a Englander NC 30 for just under $700 brand new!

I would say you may get a couple hundge. If you can find someone who wants to spend the money to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.