Used Englander

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ronjwil

Nov 23, 2008
Southern NY
Hello all! Great forum!

I'm going to take a look at a used Englander CDV-10. Supposedly bought Spring 2008 and burned less than 20 times. He's asking $1400. I'm interested to know if anyone has any knowledge about this model and if you think its a good value.
Thanks
Ron

Is that the model with the 240 lb hopper? If so, I would have been thrilled to buy it last July, when I ordered one that was never delivered because the manufacturer stopped making it. If it is that model, I'd want to know why they stopped making it and whether the company will service it. I was interested in it because you could put a lot of pellets in there and figured it would cut down on trips to refill it.

RonWil said:
Hello all! Great forum!

I'm going to take a look at a used Englander CDV-10. Supposedly bought Spring 2008 and burned less than 20 times. He's asking $1400. I'm interested to know if anyone has any knowledge about this model and if you think its a good value.
Thanks
Ron

Ron, I think this is a corn stove that also will burn pellets.

The 10-CDV is a discontinued model, and was replaced by the 10-CPM. You might want to shoot Mike Holton from Englander Stoves an email to ask about why they stopped making them. [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.