Used Jotul Allagash

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbeliza

May 19, 2008
NE MA
I'm considering a used Allagash gas fireplace. It was purchased in 2004, used little. Looks great. I'm looking for advice in how to check it out (not currently in use), and "red flags" and advice on who would be best to install it. It was used with natural gas, but has an LP conversion kit. I would use it with LP.

I'm an older woman, living alone, and don't want to be taken advantage of - an easy mark, so to speak. I heated with wood in another house years ago, and no longer have the wear-with-all to deal with wood again. This stove seems like it may be a good solution.

Thank you!

Contact your local gas company. They should have a list of recommended gas appliance contractors that can inspect and install the stove for you safely and economically.

The Allagash is a great heater and that new should give you lots of years of service with regular inspection and maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.