Used Rika Integra II

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skidozer

Mar 11, 2010
western ny
Looking at a used Rika Integra II - stove is 4 years old came from a local shop about 15 miles away.

The guy got it from friends who sold house a couple years ago and its just sitting in his garage he ran 10 bags in it over the last 2 years. He did wheel to door for me and it started and lit. Stove looks pretty clean he is asking $850 for it no pipe included.

I used to be on forum its been a while since I moved to a new home, had a Quad Castile red head insert I built into my old house and I miss it having only electric heat now.

I'm just looking for a stove to put in basement about 1300sq feet to keep the kids warm playing video games and watching tv.

This way also if power was out I could have heat with my inverter generator.

Think this would be a good choice to meet my needs

Home run. Buy it and don't look back.

BTW, as a point of reference, the Integra II lists for about $4500 new, and $2500 as a refurb/closeout. So to get one for $850 is a ridiculously good opportunity. I bought my Integra (1991 model) pre-owned for $650 and figured that was a killer deal, so you'd need to have your head examined to skip this one. If you don't want it, tell your friend I'll buy it.

That is a deal...I'm not far from Western NY southern tier if you don't get it....

Thanks for the info, going to pull the trigger tonight. Would have bought it earlier but my starter went on the truck had to change it out in the yard where I had it parked fun wow.

Make sure you give it a good solid cleaning, front to back while it's outside and before you hook up your pipe. These links should help you get things going in the right direction. Follow these document links to get you current info on your stove. I'd strongly suggest going through the motions of a full consumer and annual tech cleaning before you bring it into your home.

Owners Manual/Documentation
Integra-II FS Owners Manual/Users Guide
Integra-II General Installation Notes
Integra-II Flu Adapter Installation
Integra-II Consumer Cleaning Guide
Integra-II Annual Tech Cleaning Guide
User Control Guide-All Current Models

Stacy

Reactions: skidozer
I got my integra 4 yrs ago - but not for that great price.
Hope you already brought the pellet stove home. ;):)
Its a great pellet oven and specially now with the cold, I can heat my whole house with it
with no issues.

Thanks for the info guys brought it home today,dam shes heavy.Going to do a good cleanup on it before it goes in the basement. Hopefully get the hole put in the wall and pipe next weekend. Not looking forward to getting it down the stairs. I have a appliance cart and stairs in garage going to get a couple strong friends and maybe hook my 4 wheeler winch to the cart.

375 lbs.When you take it apart to clean it,leave it apart,side panels,inner firebox plates,top lifts off,and consider pulling off door,less chance of damage going down steps.Go to links stacey provided in above post and copy,info is priceless.If you ever have a strange problem he is the guy to ask on these newer ones.

Took the door off bet that weighs 25-30# took out the plates to clean the heat exchangers maybe another 30 #.
How do you get the black side pannels off? I see the screws at the rear top but still not sure.Is it ok to do the leaf blower trick on this stove?

Took the door off bet that weighs 25-30# took out the plates to clean the heat exchangers maybe another 30 #.
How do you get the black side pannels off? I see the screws at the rear top but still not sure.Is it ok to do the leaf blower trick on this stove?
On the old ones the screws are at the top inside the hopper.The back sides come off first.Yours should have a screw on the upper very back of stove,then when the rears are off front screws will be seen.Nothing wrong with leaf blower(I use air compressor) but try not to blow any hard debris against air flow sensor.No screws on bottom of panels,slots.

I see how the side panels have a slot and tab at the bottom and the bolt in top rear but cant find any bolts in top of hopper its like the top holds them on.

I see how the side panels have a slot and tab at the bottom and the bolt in top rear but cant find any bolts in top of hopper its like the top holds them on.

Correct - on the Integra II you need to remove the cast top of the stove. If I recall, remove just the two outer hex bolts and disconnect the hopper switch.

Thanks I will take a look afterwork tommorow.Tonight was snow removal duty. Tommorow may be the night it goes in the basement if my help shows.

Got the hard part done down in the basement with the appliance cart 3 guys no problem with inside panels,door, and fire pot removed.

Will buy some pipe and rent the core drill for the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.