Used saws seem like a waste...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Deal of the day: DCS6401. Looks to have been straight-gassed (locked up, and the gas in the tank is disturbingly pale). Also looks like it was barely ever used, because under the dirt it's shiny and nice. $15.

photo.JPG

Reactions: Mag Craft
Deal of the day: DCS6401. Looks to have been straight-gassed (locked up, and the gas in the tank is disturbingly pale). Also looks like it was barely ever used, because under the dirt it's shiny and nice. $15.

View attachment 132963

Excellent.

Yeah, that one is hard to beat. This will be the first Dolkita I've worked on, so yay for learning experiences.

Edit: I asked the seller if the price was a typo. Nope, he'd gotten it for free from his employer, and the price was correct. He even held it for me for several hours because I was heading out to work. Not an everyday occurrence.

Last edited:
Maybe he will straight gas a few more and you can pick up another one? :)

Heh. The ad was up for 12 minutes before I saw it, and five minutes later we'd made arrangements and he took the ad down. Most of Pittsburgh's chainsaw-hunting community never even knew it was there.

I would put an 80cc kit on that saw. It would be one bad boy for about $150 total!

Well, it's time....Jon1270, you suck! LOL

Reactions: D8Chumley
Thank you very much.

I hosed it down and pulled the top end off this morning. Scoring is not bad at all -- mostly aluminum transfer, really. I think the original cylinder is salvageable, so I have to decide between the AM BB kit and simply grabbing a new piston for about a third the cost.

Yeah I thought I got a decent deal on my MS 360 for $75 now I feel like I got hosed :)

Don't feel bad. My first project saw was "free," but I rebuilt it twice before I got it right, by which time I had over $300 in parts into it... which is more than it's worth. You stand to do better than that with your 360.

For the record, this is one of the better deals I've ever gotten. When I hung up after the seller said he'd hold it for me until I got off of work, I sat there for a minute repeating, "I can't believe it. I can't believe it."

Reactions: D8Chumley
Status
Not open for further replies.