Used Stove Value (Hearthstone Equinox)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BsFire

Mar 12, 2015
Ohio
Came across a 1yr old Equinox... Anyone know what it might be worth?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Using a standard straight line depreciation of seven years and a listed price on the heartstonestoves.com site, it is $4,699/7 years or $671.29 per year, so being a year old, dropping the pennies - it should be worth $4699- $671 or $ 4028.

Therefore, as long as it is in good condition and under 4000 dollars I would purchase it as soon as possible.

Based on the data from this website at 120,000 BTU s/hr maximum capacity; they are selling a stove which was probably too large for them.

Reactions: BsFire
Using a standard straight line depreciation of seven years and a listed price on the heartstonestoves.com site, it is $4,699/7 years or $671.29 per year, so being a year old, dropping the pennies - it should be worth $4699- $671 or $ 4028.

Therefore, as long as it is in good condition and under 4000 dollars I would purchase it as soon as possible.

Based on the data from this website at 120,000 BTU s/hr maximum capacity; they are selling a stove which was probably too large for them.

Thanks!!

Depends on usage. Stone stoves can be sensitive to abuse. If no signs of abuse and no cracked stones I would estimate $3000-$3500.

I found one for listed for $2,500. I'm trying to get the guy to send more pics before going to check it out (it's not necessarily local).

BsFire, I seen that stove on Craigslist. It looks pristine. If that is what you want then you sure got a deal there. Looks like a high end home too. I love the guys hearth! That is one sweet price!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.