Used Stove Value

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

frogee

Mar 7, 2014
southern Minnesota
I am considering making about an 80 mile drive to look at a PC45 Harman that has been used to heat a 2000 square foot home for nine years now. It looks great in the pics, the owner says they haven't had to replace any parts on it. In nine years it seems things like augers, burn pots and fan motors would about have served their useful life. The guy is asking $900. I am thinking about it as an additional stove in the coldest months. I have been running a PC45 for about a month now and have been happy with it.
Thanks for your opinions and any tips on buying a used stove would be appreciated.
Art

DO an estimate for replacing all the motors,gaskets, bushings to help you judge.Actually sounds like a fair price,esp. if it has the fancy trim options,but the harman people here will know better.

I confirmed the same as you on that stove. Family member wanting stove replaced and wants the set and forget features of the pc45 but with its age the list of things needing probable replacement is high even though with cheap labor (mine) we decided to look further. Theres a lot of starts in 9 years and replacement of just the starting system could approach $500. ESP $70 plus and the exhaust fan $110. Lets not forget the upgraded programming of the newer stoves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.