Used VC Resolute Acclaim

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracy1229

Mar 15, 2008
Potter County, PA
Greetings from north central PA. I have a VC Resolute Acclaim stove that I am looking to get rid of and I was just looking for suggestions for what I should ask for it. It came with the house so I'm not sure exactly how old it is...It is black cast iron, not painted and it's in very good condition. It's also been professionally cleaned every year. I've seen on the net that the new Acclaims sell for around $1500. Any advice?

I've seen them on Craigslist for anywhere from $500-800, depending upon condition, age, enameled or not etc. You might also check completed listed on Ebay for an idea of what folks are willing to pay.

I'm also interested. I have one that is being rebuilt now and is also being replaced by a Harman tl300. I was going to hold onto it but don't really have a need in the foreseeable future.

I just bought one for $450.
The small back grate was broken and the left brick was cracked. Everything else was fine.

Virvis-
Put it on ebay with plenty of good pictures (avoid a flash if you can as it makes stove look worse than they are). Make sure it is all cleaned and vacuumed out for the pics.
Do a 7 day auction starting on a Sunday night at 10pm and start the auction at $0.01. No need to deal with shipping, just put 'local pickup only - no shipping'. The price will may stay low until the following weekend, don't panic, you are gaining interested buyers that won't bid until the end.

The following Sunday night sit in front of your computer and watch the price shoot up to exactly what its worth with no haggling.
If you aren't in a rush to sell it hold off a month or two. The value will probably increase $100 for every month you wait until November.

I've done this a couple times. LOL.
Ebay will get you the highest price and people will drive far to come get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.