Used Woodstock Warranty

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmojo182

Oct 18, 2009
East
I'm interested in purchasing a used Woodstock PH. Its 9 months old. Has anyone purchased a woodstock stove second hand, and still had great service from Woodstock. What I'm concerned with is getting the stove, and finding out that they are replacing something on it (like they did with the cook-top, or the some of the forum members CAT's) and have them not include this one in the process becuase I bought second hand. I know I could call and ask them, but I wanted to see if anyone actually had experience with this.

I would buy direct, but I can save some serious money (If I can come up with the whole amount!)

Thanks,

Jon

And yes, I've gone back and forth between a BK and a WS. I really like how great the customer service sounds from Woodstock. I actually have found a brand BK princess ultra for a great price, but I'm not sure what to do!

I bought a 20+ year old Woodstock Fireview and had great support from Woodstock. I do have to pay for parts, of course, but they are great about answering my questions, I don't feel any "less" a customer because I bought an old used stove.

No experience, other than a couple of calls to Woodstock, but I think they'll be good to you.

As for the BK, you could pass it around here. A decent price seems hard to come by in the NE.

I'm interested in purchasing a used Woodstock PH. Its 9 months old. Has anyone purchased a woodstock stove second hand, and still had great service from Woodstock. What I'm concerned with is getting the stove, and finding out that they are replacing something on it (like they did with the cook-top, or the some of the forum members CAT's) and have them not include this one in the process becuase I bought second hand. I know I could call and ask them, but I wanted to see if anyone actually had experience with this.

I would buy direct, but I can save some serious money (If I can come up with the whole amount!)

Thanks,

Jon

And yes, I've gone back and forth between a BK and a WS. I really like how great the customer service sounds from Woodstock. I actually have found a brand BK princess ultra for a great price, but I'm not sure what to do!

Jon, the very best way to find this out is to call Woodstock! Yes, they will help you. 800-866-4344

Reactions: rideau and charly
Great people, they will treat you like family from the first phone conversation,,you'll see! Another great thing,,, any updates I believe they always retro back to the original design, so you could bring your used stove up to the latest improvements... Ask when you call....keep us posted as a Woodstock owner I always love hearing how well they treat the customers...;) Simply put ,,, they love what they do and build,,, and it gets passed right onto you the customer,,, how nice to own a stove that you have no worries about getting parts , service, or someone on the phone anytime you call:). I had no problem handing over my money....;lol I'm sure they could even tell you what to look for, buying one of their stoves used.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Charly, if I treat you nice will you also hand over some of your money to me?

Reactions: rideau
Naw, just a handshake is plenty Charly.

What I'm concerned with is getting the stove, and finding out that they are replacing something on it (like they did with the cook-top, or the some of the forum members CAT's) and have them not include this one in the process becuase I bought second hand. I know I could call and ask them, but I wanted to see if anyone actually had experience with this.

No one will argue with the WS customer service being the best in the business. I personally wouldn't expect them to offer a warranty or replace any parts if I wasn't the original owner of the stove. I guess the main question would be does the warranty transfer, I wouldn't expect it to but WS is top notch so maybe it will.

I personally wouldn't expect them to offer a warranty or replace any parts if I wasn't the original owner of the stove.
Their parts prices are some of the most reasonable of any brand...

Reactions: rideau and charly

I have no doubt about it, I can't recall ever coming across a customer compliant regarding their parts or service.

When I was looking at a fireview, I was asking some questions as far as wear and tear parts,,, well eventually the by pass housing cover that is exposed to a lot of heat can warp, and you lose a good seal,, lift the top, unbolt and bolt a new one into place, like a three minute job,,,, how much for that part,,,, like 15 dollars.... To me it looked like a 40-50 dollar part,,, so yes they are very good about their parts pricing..

I can't really compare their prices because they keep giving me stuff. I stopped in with my Dad to get a new cat for his Fireview, and I asked for the small-diameter gasket material to put in around my PH cat once it is in place to help seal it better. They gave me the type I asked for, but also gave me a length of another style and suggested I try it, too. Not a high dollar item, but most places, like my saw shop, don't give a single thing away.

I can't really compare their prices because they keep giving me stuff. I stopped in with my Dad to get a new cat for his Fireview, and I asked for the small-diameter gasket material to put in around my PH cat once it is in place to help seal it better. They gave me the type I asked for, but also gave me a length of another style and suggested I try it, too. Not a high dollar item, but most places, like my saw shop, don't give a single thing away.
For sure they are nice people at Woodstock.

Any place that serves free Woodchuck Hard Cider and a free BBQ is a great place in my opinion . . . and yeah . . . very nice folks as well.

If I could buy a 9 month used Progress Hybrid at a great price, I'd jump on it, even if I was just storing it for the future need of family or friend. A great stove. Don't think you can lose if you are getting a good price. These stoves are built to last a lifetime and you are getting a pretty new stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.