Useful tip here: how to type the degree symbol in a post - 120° is hot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

donbryce

Jan 8, 2009
NB Canada
So to illustrate, I type 10 degrees celcius = 50 degrees farenheit. Again, holding the 'Alt' key down, and typing '0176' on the number pad (not the numbers above the keyboard), I type the symbol instead of the word 'degree': 10° celcius = 50° farenheit. The "°" doesn't appear until you lift your finger off the Alt key.

Particularly useful for those who don't know how to spell Celsius or Fahrenheit. ;-P Rick

EDIT: Just yankin' yer chain a little, Don. Good tip, thanks! °°°°°

ALT 167 yields º ALT 0176 yields ° The difference is subtle, but there is a difference, and it's the second of the two that's the "degree" symbol, as the OP said. The "tutorial" linked by trbinrat is not a complete listing. Google something like "alt codes" and you'll find your way into the whole world. In some cases there are two different codes for the same symbol. Have fun! Rick

EDIT: Here ya go:

http://www.theworldofstuff.com/characters/?print

It's windows hot key combination to close the current window. For those of you who had just tried it, I think you fell for that last post :lol:

«Thanks» for the degree tip °

BTW...for those of you used to HTML, you can use the decimal entity
Code:
°
to display the same thing. °

οποιοσδήποτε. Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.